EN-EL3e.. Made in China? or Fake

Alamak!got con lah

I check my battery yesterday, it show made in Japan but holographic seal is different; seal don't have the 4 notches.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I got it from Mee Too photo of Jasco Tebrau(JB), the price on the box is RM$299.00, 1st she qoute me RM$180.00 but I bargain it to RM$150.00.After that I brought it back home to charge. Notice that the front of the Battery "Nikon" wording not so clear but did'nt think much about it until boyboy post this tread...

Last edited:
Just for info all 6 of my ENEL3e originals are Made in Japan of which I have no problems with.

I got it from Mee Too photo of Jasco Tebrau(JB), the price on the box is RM$299.00, 1st she qoute me RM$180.00 but I bargain it to RM$150.00.After that I brought it back home to charge. Notice that the front of the Battery "Nikon" wording not so clear but did'nt think much about it until boyboy post this tread...

Maybe you should go back to them and complain see what they say.

Hi

Just to update CS members, went down to Mee Too Photo Jusco Tebrau today, I have printed out the article that "Jeffyen" has posted to fight my case if needed.The guy exchange my battery without any questions and claim that maybe they accidently give a wrong one.Now I have a geniune nikon battery with 4 notches hologram.:bsmilie:Thanks to CS members.The imitation Nikon battery when fully charge can only take 60 image of RAW files.The percentage of the battery power drop like " rotten durian".Every few frame of RAW files when you check the battery info there will be a drop of 3-4% of power..:eek: Will I buy from Mee Too photo again?..maybe but this time I will check it very carefully.VERY CAREFULLY:bigeyes:

Got the images from helmet0004 on both the fake and real EN-EL3e

I am posting it so that all members can see the difference and be informed

Fake_Nikon_Battery_with_black_background_of_recycling_infomation
Fake_Nikon_Battery_with_black_background_of_recycling_infomation.JPG

Fake_Nikon_Battery_with_fading_wording
Fake_Nikon_Battery_with_fading_wording.jpg

Fake_Nikon_Battery_without_the_4_notches
Fake_Nikon_Battery_without_the_4_notches.JPG

Last edited:
Original_Nikon_Batter_with_white_background_of_reclyce_infomation
Original_Nikon_Batter_with_white_background_of_reclyce_infomation.JPG

Origin_Nikon_Battery_with_clear_wording
Origin_Nikon_Battery_with_clear_wording.jpg

Original_Battery_Nikon_with_notches_4_
Original_Battery_Nikon_with_notches_4_.JPG

Side_by_side_comparison_with_Nikon_original_on_top
Side_by_side_comparison_with_Nikon_original_on_top.jpg

Hi

Just to update CS members, went down to Mee Too Photo Jusco Tebrau today, I have printed out the article that "Jeffyen" has posted to fight my case if needed.The guy exchange my battery without any questions and claim that maybe they accidently give a wrong one.Now I have a geniune nikon battery with 4 notches hologram.:bsmilie:Thanks to CS members.The imitation Nikon battery when fully charge can only take 60 image of RAW files.The percentage of the battery power drop like " rotten durian".Every few frame of RAW files when you check the battery info there will be a drop of 3-4% of power..:eek: Will I buy from Mee Too photo again?..maybe but this time I will check it very carefully.VERY CAREFULLY:bigeyes:

I don't know if it's deliberate or accidental, but if a shop does this to me in the hope that I don't notice, it will be in my blacklist permanently. It's ok if they sell 3rd party but I will not tolerate fakes. If everyone adopts this mentality, then less shops will want to carry fakes.

There are even reports of people up north selling fake mock-up cameras, handphones etc which look exactly like the real thing but non-functional, so beware.

I don't know if it's deliberate or accidental, but if a shop does this to me in the hope that I don't notice, it will be in my blacklist permanently. It's ok if they sell 3rd party but I will not tolerate fakes. If everyone adopts this mentality, then less shops will want to carry fakes.

There are even reports of people up north selling fake mock-up cameras, handphones etc which look exactly like the real thing but non-functional, so beware.

thats so true regarding what u say about 3rd party and i totally agree with that!

Notice that the "fake" battery does not show the 5 digit alphanumerals on the bottom left corner. This is supposed to be the batch number information to show where and when it was made.

I want to give a long overdue update on my situation.

Sadly, i didn't think to take pictures of my China battery for reference. To cut a long story short, I had my china battery replaced with a seemingly original japan battery. No questions asked once my dad showed the receipt (he did me the favour of changing it)

the first time I went down to Mee Too to complain, they updated the firmware and did some tests. no joy. but they didn't replace it on the spot (they were willing to) because i forgot my receipt!!!

anyway, the new japan battery works well. it holds charge well. only thing is first charge didn't last too long, i think only 1000 shots? but i believe this is a characteristic of new batteries. and i used on-camera flash btw..

i'll definitely recommend against buying any form of battery from mee too, but most likely i'm going back there for my tokina 11-16. prices better than ordering from adorama and better than some of the shops in SG i've gotten quotes from. anyway that's another issue liao.

EDIT: anyway i just did side by side comparo of my batts. both look identical and identical to the original batt posted in this thread.

the china batt, i have no idea what are the fine details, but it clearly stated made in china, no pretenses. however, the battery also TOTALLY useless for me.. LOL

Last edited:
boyboy, if you want to buy lens or accessories for your DSLR, I don't recomment mee too jusco, even though it's a stone throw from my house. I rather go to Angsana and there are a couple of photo shops there, mee too and another one. You can always compare prices between the two and they are more willing to give you a better price. I was looking for a compact and Mee too was offering me RM500 for a Samsung (cant remember the model) with no cards while Jusco is selling the same model for 500 with 2GB.

Anyway, my coolpix battery is also made in china EN-EL10.

cool.. is angsana a shopping centre like jusco or a district? what's the road which goes there? just in case my GPS dun have angsana. will go check it out!

btw, not everything is cheaper at mee too than in SG. so i'd try to do a price check first. the en-el3 price battery price is about there, but the MBD10 was significantly cheaper. so i just bought my battery there and ended up with all the trouble. =P

anyway, i notice i am drifting off topic so this shall be my LAST post regarding Mee too or other photo shops in the area, but we shd keep it going for the china or fake nikon batts.

Hi boyboy

it Angsana Shopping Complex
L1-33 Jalan Skudai 81200
Lat: 1.1495815
Long: 103.705885:)

mine look exactly like this.

Fake_Nikon_Battery_with_black_background_of_recycling_infomation.JPG

no wonder i feel the battery cannot hold it's charge well even though it says new. i was amazing why it can last only like 300 shots on my D80. so confirm this is a fake one? man i bought it a few mths ago...

bro helmet, thanx! :) will go check it out one day