Empty Vessels Makes the Most Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvm nvm.. we all learn from mistakes, :bsmilie:

I don't think empty vessels make the most noise. I'd some students who are like real empty vessels, and yet they don't make noise at all!! On the contrary, those who knows a lot of things make most noise.

Some usual comments like, "Aiyah! Learn this before liao lah! What's the point of learning it again!?" are really distracting!

It doesn't feel good to be criticised, but please don't go around challenging everyone to post their stuff just to prove their worth? Just as Art critics or film critics need not and are usually not artists or film-makers themselves. Cash might appear to criticise for the sake of it but challenging him to upload his stuff for comparison is just downright childish. (Like kids comparing who's better)

So what if Cash is or is not a professional photographer? So does it mean that your photography is only meant for the elite? Or do you want it to appeal to the masses and the layman on the street?

Some criticisms help, others don't but we have to learn to take it more professionally.

DeepZpace said:
..... challenging him to upload his stuff for comparison is just downright childish. (Like kids comparing who's better)

:embrass: or who's longer :embrass:

THE LENSES I MEAN!! :bsmilie:

DeepZpace said:
It doesn't feel good to be criticised, but please don't go around challenging everyone to post their stuff just to prove their worth? Just as Art critics or film critics need not and are usually not artists or film-makers themselves. Cash might appear to criticise for the sake of it but challenging him to upload his stuff for comparison is just downright childish. (Like kids comparing who's better)

So what if Cash is or is not a professional photographer? So does it mean that your photography is only meant for the elite? Or do you want it to appeal to the masses and the layman on the street?

Some criticisms help, others don't but we have to learn to take it more professionally.

[OT]
OK just slight OT from the main topic.

Read your first sentence. You've already explained yourself very clearly what Cash is attempting to put across.

2ndly this thread has nothing to do with him. Apparently the ego of his is too thick to drill that through, and others who apparently likes what he's doing now, dissing everybody off.

Criticisms help. Not arrogantness and non-constructive criticism. We'll take things professionally, when it's professionally put through to us.
[/OT]

speedblade said:
:embrass: or who's longer :embrass:

THE LENSES I MEAN!! :bsmilie:

I sense measurebation!!! :devil:

swimcraze: Oi!! U talking abt me ah??? :hammer:

This thread is about everybody lah. Non of us are that special. Just talking kotek that's all. OOOOPS! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Some people obviously don't learn. :lovegrin: :blah:

PLRBEAR said:
This thread is about everybody lah. Non of us are that special. Just talking kotek that's all. OOOOPS! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Some people obviously don't learn. :lovegrin: :blah:

I sense arrogance.

I thought U're talking about my stomach...
It's empty rite now...
It's also making a lot of noises...

:cheers:

DeepZpace said:
I sense arrogance.

Huh? Buddy. Please don't be so sensitive lah. I'm serious. Only replying to ESPN's post about me not learning not to say Kotek. (EEeeeeeeeeeks!)
I'm really not the arrogant sort.

espn said:
[OT]
OK just slight OT from the main topic.

Read your first sentence. You've already explained yourself very clearly what Cash is attempting to put across.

2ndly this thread has nothing to do with him. Apparently the ego of his is too thick to drill that through, and others who apparently likes what he's doing now, dissing everybody off.

Criticisms help. Not arrogantness and non-constructive criticism. We'll take things professionally, when it's professionally put through to us.
[/OT]

For your information, I am not taking sides. As much as I am put off by the comments Cash made, some of the responses are just equally bad.

DeepZpace said:

We are not here to challenge Cash to a kiddy competition, but to learn photographic wisdom from him, in the spirit of sharing that is ClubSnap. A picture is worth a thousand words.... Cash doesn't need to post his own work, he can post the work of a famous photographer to illustrate his points about better content etc. Photography is meant for all, not just the elite. We welcome different interpretations, photographic vision and treatment of subject matter so that we can learn, improve, and enjoy photography even more. Criticisms are fine, constructive ones even better.

:cool:

ANYWAY....what about those cars on the street with BIG MOTHERS of an exhaust can. Or the motorbikes that kena operation (kui toh) on the muffler. Wah darn.....cannot take it man. Some times i get a few of these bikes just zooming past Pasir Ris Dr 1. HELLO! ANY COPS OUT THERE?

Side note: I hope nobody drives a car with big mother exhaust or ride motorbike with kui toh pipe either ok. In the event of both or either case, i love your empty vessel. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Different shaped empty vessels can make music too...

OT a bit... in the case of your tummy, espn, can I knock/tune with a monopod? :devil:

fight! fight some more.. :D :bsmilie:

last time my bmt platoon sgt used to say this to diffuse incidents. its kinda funny hee

clive said:
fight! fight some more.. :D :bsmilie:

last time my bmt platoon sgt used to say this to diffuse incidents. its kinda funny hee

Sometimes reverse psych can backfire....just like big mother of exhaust canister. :bsmilie:

Hmmmmm . . . . . . . I tend to think that being expressive is a characteristic of a person, not his ability. More often than not, you see people express their opinions when they feel dissatisfied. Less often, especially with regards to Singaporeans, you see some who voice out their opinion regardless of whether it is needed. This, in my experience, is very common in places that thrive on the freedom to express each and every view or opinion.

PLRBEAR said:
ANYWAY....what about those cars on the street with BIG MOTHERS of an exhaust can. Or the motorbikes that kena operation (kui toh) on the muffler. Wah darn.....cannot take it man. Some times i get a few of these bikes just zooming past Pasir Ris Dr 1. HELLO! ANY COPS OUT THERE?

Side note: I hope nobody drives a car with big mother exhaust or ride motorbike with kui toh pipe either ok. In the event of both or either case, i love your empty vessel. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

i dun agree with this, its not sometimes...its like everytime!!!!...WHERE are the cops when we need them...??? ;( :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.