emotional photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
As follower of Buddhism, I believes you'll have a very calm sense of mind knowing that all those happening are just part of destiny, fate and karma.

I understand, cabbySHE. You have a good memory :).
Maybe to be a little more specific, I was referring to a scene where perhaps the subjects themselves are so emotionally overwhelmed, so overjoyed, as in a Wedding tea ceremony, in ROM where there are only a few pair of eyes not wet....
I do not think it is unnatural for one to share that kind of emotion with those directly involved...

I understand, cabbySHE. You have a good memory :).
Maybe to be a little more specific, I was referring to a scene where perhaps the subjects themselves are so emotionally overwhelmed, so overjoyed, as in a Wedding tea ceremony, in ROM where there are only a few pair of eyes not wet....
I do not think it is unnatural for one to share that kind of emotion with those directly involved...

Actually all of us are / could be affected emotionally at times or others. Depending at the time of my position ( whether I'm part of it or I am the third party. )
Recalling some years back while on an assignment, it was the world soccer cup semi-final, while the client and others were cheering and jeering, I'd just to perform as was being engaged to cover an assignment. As matter of fact, client did ask me to join them, however I politely declined, it's not that I do not want, but I was not in a position to do so. Strictly speaking, I had a job to be done and finish.

Actually all of us are / could be affected emotionally at times or others. Depending at the time of my position ( whether I'm part of it or I am the third party. )
Recalling some years back while on an assignment, it was the world soccer cup semi-final, while the client and others were cheering and jeering, I'd just to perform as was being engaged to cover an assignment. As matter of fact, client did ask me to join them, however I politely declined, it's not that I do not want, but I was not in a position to do so. Strictly speaking, I had a job to be done and finish.

Yupe.
That was the right thing to do.
You got a job and you got to get it done.

Anger is also an emotion - will photographers express anger when they told they cannot take photos in certain places or when they are blocked by another inconsiderate photographer?
Inconsiderate photographers rarely happen at the professional end of town, if it does it's usually viewed as part of being a professional photographer. In a crush it's open season and he or she who gets the best location gets the best shots, it's that simple.

When being told you can't photograph at certain places, again it's a matter of when, where and for what reason. Most will argue a bit if told no, but most won't push the matter too hard as in most cases the limits are already known.

The only group of professional photographers I know of who behave like scum are the paparazzi, many of whom are beneath contempt anyway.

not ashamed about it.... I have been less than strong on more than a few occassions in the past...... we are all human....I'd just put down the camera and continued once I've collected myself ..... thats when its 'to hell with getting the image' and more 'I want to let others be aware of this situation'

Last edited:
not ashamed about it.... I have been less than strong on more than a few occassions in the past...... we are all human....I'd just put down the camera and continued once I've collected myself ..... thats when its 'to hell with getting the image' and more 'I want to let others be aware of this situation'

Clap clap clap... Courageous admission from a human being with emotion.
I am one who is generally (as far as my very conservative and strict family upbringing allows) not too worried about letting people feel that I echo their emotions.
Let's say if I see the bride and groom kissing, and their parents cry tears of joy, the happiness that well up in me will certainly not stop my own set of lacrimal gland secretion.
But I am proud of that. I don't think having moist eyes make me do my job any lesser. If anything, it injects in so much more 'feel' into my pictures.

Sadness brings me inspiration. When I'm happy, my creativity is dead.

I certainly can see where you come from in your reply here.
I think whatever kinds of emotion would create surges of chemical neuro-transmitters in our brain, and these impulses would spill over to some of the synaptic connections
right onto our creativity-centre located on the side of the frontal lobes of the fore-brain.
End result - heightened sense of awareness and henceforth, creativity.

The only time I had felt tears swelling within my eyes is while documenting a case of serial cat abuse as a volunteer with the Cat Welfare Society. :bheart:

And that was a not to long-ago event...
Actually It was a couple of years ago, anyway cases of sever animal abuses do occur regularly from time to time around Singapore. Even if the animal managed to survive the savage torture, they are often if not always euthanised in the majority of cases due to heavy injuries inflicted on them.

The worst was hearing the cries of a cat in distress echoing through the neighbourhood in the middle of the night and yet we are unable to locate it till it is found mutilated by the town councils cleaners the next morning. :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.