Emergency: Unsaved work. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the PS hanged, I started doing sketches... ;p
Also, because my drawing sucks, even more so on com, I am actually modifying a vector rather than drawing it, that's why using photoshop.
Main reason I'm using photoshop is cos I don't have any other software like Illustrator, etc. :( So I don't have a choice.
Anyway, I am most familiar with PS, although still very lousy.

OT a bit, what is the best way to make an image more fine/ slim?
I want to use this font in my logo but I want to make the letters look slimmer (less bold) and also modify it a bit.
Also, which brush in PS is good for such things? There are many brushes but I'm confused about what they do and what they are good for. With the default brush, it is quite hard to control and gives jagged lines, not smooth. How to make the edges smooth?

Best to trace every type out with the pen tool, and adjust the bezier curve one by one.. no short cut here.. or else go find some free font that has a finer letterform.
By tracing it out with the pen tool, you'll understand the type ligature a little better and this will consequently improve the whole aesthetics of the typography.

As for the brush, I don't use it to draw, only to paint and I only use it with a tablet. Pen tool is better to draw your shape, cos you can still do a transform if you need to unlike a raster paint image. If it helps, hold down shift if you want to paint a straight line. You'll need to click point A then move your mouse to point B and click again.

Best to trace every type out with the pen tool, and adjust the bezier curve one by one.. no short cut here.. or else go find some free font that has a finer letterform.
By tracing it out with the pen tool, you'll understand the type ligature a little better and this will consequently improve the whole aesthetics of the typography.

As for the brush, I don't use it to draw, only to paint and I only use it with a tablet. Pen tool is better to draw your shape, cos you can still do a transform if you need to unlike a raster paint image. If it helps, hold down shift if you want to paint a straight line. You'll need to click point A then move your mouse to point B and click again.

Thanks for your tips.
I will try them out. :D

tracing the vector with the pens tool is just as good as using a vector application
so you do know how to use it

best to use a vector application as the resulting file is resolution independent and can be scaled to as large as you want
even as big as a building (with no loss of quality/sharpness)

my photoshop on PC has hanged on me.. thrice in 2 years, and that was in part because i tried to make a pathetic 1.6 ghz celeron (my old laptop) do a lot of things at once.

if you take care of your pc and keep it clean, it will work perfectly fine.

anyways wuffruff, i have no idea how to help you. i suggest you start redoing again.. :)

well, maybe u know how to take care of your com. i do my virus scans, defrags etc and upped the ram to 2.5 gig, but still quite frustrating.

last formatted about 8 months ago, but not sure if i want to spend a good whole day getting the system up and running again :sweat:. funny thing is sometimes it hangs when there's almost a gig of free ram and the processor isn't working hard, according to task manager.

photoshop is still ok, since u are a pentaxtian, you probably have not had the pleasure of playing with capture NX. now that's a fun experience :bsmilie:.

after capture NX, i find PS relatively fast. but now that i'm working with huge TIFFs from my film scans, PS is crawling once again.

back to TS's point, i usually don't do extensive PP, but for the rare occasions i do, i'd save as PSD and keep saving every other operation. like working with MS word ;p

if your computer hardware is not too old, setting photoshop's scratchdisk on a secondary drive will help. Sometimes it is cause by window's paging services and photoshop adobelm_cleanup services that hog the system resources.

if you're feeling adventurous, try win 7 beta.
it's currently the most stable form of windows now and the fastest too.
i've never felt this speed and peace of mind since photoshop 3.0

still, saving every now and then is the most failsafe practice. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.