Email. IMAP vs POP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

franciskc

Jan 17, 2002
Earth
Using Outlook Express to try out POP3 and IMAP servers.

POP3 is better in controlling the email account but it download all the inbox from CS email into my inbox which include another account. Is there anyway that I can separate the downloaded location with respect to server?

IMAP is able to separate itself from the inbox but unable to delete mails using Outlook. Must login to Horde then can delete. And found that the "recieved time" in my outlook is not correct when mail out using IMAP. :bsmilie:

franciskc said:

POP3 is better in controlling the email account but it download all the inbox from CS email into my inbox which include another account. Is there anyway that I can separate the downloaded location with respect to server?
What i do is that I set filters to move specific mail items to specific folders - eg. I have a filter that moves my Singnet email to a Singnet folder, CS email to a CS folder, etc.

You need to setup the filter as "If mail is sent TO: xxx@singnet.com.sg; move to Singnet folder".

franciskc said:

IMAP is able to separate itself from the inbox but unable to delete mails using Outlook. Must login to Horde then can delete. And found that the "recieved time" in my outlook is not correct when mail out using IMAP. :bsmilie:

you are able to delete emails using Outlook via the purge option.
cheers :)

PS: Is IMAP Supported by CS??

Status
Not open for further replies.