EM-5 production has ended

JustinJoyfish

Aug 31, 2014
Singapore central area
It was confirmed that EM-5 has stopped production n awaiting for the arrival of EM-6 in Jan/Feb 2015.
Likely to compete with Pans GH4.?

It was confirmed that EM-5 has stopped production n awaiting for the arrival of EM-6 in Jan/Feb 2015.
Likely to compete with Pans GH4.?

I thought EM-5 is cheaper than EM-1.

So i thought EM-1 should the one competing with Panny's GH4 not EM-5 ... but you'll never know ...

Because EM5 successor is rumored to have 4K Video.

I thought EM-5 is cheaper than EM-1.

So i thought EM-1 should the one competing with Panny's GH4 not EM-5 ... but you'll never know ...

that would be an awesome rumour lol... that means E-M2 will also be able to shoot 4K videos too. Exciting news!

sad... im still using my trusty em5

that would be an awesome rumour lol... that means E-M2 will also be able to shoot 4K videos too. Exciting news!

It will be better if the new EM series has a lower ISO like 100 or 50......for still shot photography.

Thank You
EisMann

It will be better if the new EM series has a lower ISO like 100 or 50......for still shot photography.

Thank You
EisMann
Good point. I was wondering y the lowest iso starts at 200...

Good point. I was wondering y the lowest iso starts at 200...

It is a sensor limitation back then when they were trying to push the sensitivity of the sensor up (ISO performance) up. There was an entire generation of Nikon cams that start at ISO200 too, D90, D300, D700, D3, D3s.

It is a sensor limitation back then when they were trying to push the sensitivity of the sensor up (ISO performance) up. There was an entire generation of Nikon cams that start at ISO200 too, D90, D300, D700, D3, D3s.
Oh cool. Thanks for the info.

Isnt the previous firmware update enabled the iso100?

But if I set ISO AUTO it will not go below 200. Am I right?

Usually cameras in auto ISO mode will use those that shows number, won't use word base ISO, in this case LOW, or in my Nikon D3's case, Lo

Really no idea. Typically beside focusing, all my other settings are set manually.
I just checked the camera manual, if ISO is set to auto, the lowest it can go is only 200. Anyway thanks for the heads up.

I just checked the camera manual, if ISO is set to auto, the lowest it can go is only 200. Anyway thanks for the heads up.

One thing to note about Iso-low is that it's just a software interpolation, the base Iso stays at 200, being base means you get the best dynamic range. Iso-low will clip some highlights, though I actually use it quite a bit if I need that extra bit for long exposure shoots and it's does give cleaner image than 200. If DR is important for you you will want to stick with 200 base.

One thing to note about Iso-low is that it's just a software interpolation, the base Iso stays at 200, being base means you get the best dynamic range. Iso-low will clip some highlights, though I actually use it quite a bit if I need that extra bit for long exposure shoots and it's does give cleaner image than 200. If DR is important for you you will want to stick with 200 base.
Oh sweet. Thanks a lot for the info.