EM-10 Official! The OM-D for All!

ahhh jialut...my viewfinder eye piece is missing, i don`t know how i dropped my eye piece also...
can anyone advice me on where to get a new eye piece and how much will it cost (hopefully not to expensive) ....

usually you can get it at olympus online store, but I can't find it. It's shown as EP-14 on my EM10. Best is to give them a call tomorrow to find out. probably $15?

Hi, if i would like the 12-40mm f2.8 lens, should i go for the E-M1 (with kit lens) or EM-10 (additional 12-40mm lens)?

Hi, if i would like the 12-40mm f2.8 lens, should i go for the E-M1 (with kit lens) or EM-10 (additional 12-40mm lens)?

My advice is the EM1 is your choice is the 12-40/2.8. Handling and balance is important and if you are planning to use the EM10 with the 12-40/2.8, the EM10 grip is very likely a must.

Hello all,

need your advice regarding about buying third party batteries for the EM10,
I rmb seeing a thread or a post about this, but i cant seems to find it.

anyway this is my noob question, isit ok or safe to buy 3rd party battery??.

i have just started out this photography hobby and i am looking for a 2nd battery but was kinda shock that the original battery cost 80+.
i went to TK Photo yesterday and was told that the original battery cost $80+ and third party cost $20+ ( Huge difference man!! )

Hello all, need your advice regarding about buying third party batteries for the EM10, I rmb seeing a thread or a post about this, but i cant seems to find it. anyway this is my noob question, isit ok or safe to buy 3rd party battery??. i have just started out this photography hobby and i am looking for a 2nd battery but was kinda shock that the original battery cost 80+. i went to TK Photo yesterday and was told that the original battery cost $80+ and third party cost $20+ ( Huge difference man!! )

Should be able to get original $65 and third party $15. I not sure about using them with olympus as I only had it for a day but the fit is good .. With my Fuji And sony I used third party with no problem, battery life was similar but the fit some of them a bit tight.

hmm need some help, new to the m4/3 world (am using a DF as a primary body)

i wanna get a prime lens, somewhere in the 17-20mm (m4/3 range)...

I tried the panasonic 17mm f1.7 mk2, but the focus is inaccurate and too slow..
anyone has any recommendation? preferably olympus's own lens, as the focusing is insanely fast...

budget: SGD400-500..

hmm need some help, new to the m4/3 world (am using a DF as a primary body) i wanna get a prime lens, somewhere in the 17-20mm (m4/3 range)... I tried the panasonic 17mm f1.7 mk2, but the focus is inaccurate and too slow.. anyone has any recommendation? preferably olympus's own lens, as the focusing is insanely fast... budget: SGD400-500..

Go for the Olympus 17/1.8 (35mm equivalent) ; it's AF speed leaves the 20/1:7 II significantly behind and yes, it's within your budget.

Alternatively , the 25/1.8 is also worth considering :) lastly , if you feel like splurging ; the PanaLeica 15/1.7 is also worth considering , if you don't already have the Oly 17/1.8.

Go for the Olympus 17/1.8 (35mm equivalent) ; it's AF speed leaves the 20/1:7 II significantly behind and yes, it's within your budget.

Alternatively , the 25/1.8 is also worth considering :) lastly , if you feel like splurging ; the PanaLeica 15/1.7 is also worth considering , if you don't already have the Oly 17/1.8.

i saw from user reviews that the Oly 17/1.8 isn't really that so sharp, esp at F1.8..

hmm the 15/1.7 seems too ex...(couldn't find any WTS thread in Clubsnap)...the Oly 12/2 thou, seems reasonable..

the 25mm would be perfect for me, as i mount my 50mm on my DF 80% of the time..
but the EM10 which i bought really is more for social gatherings and casual walkabouts, in which case 25mm might be too tight (esp if i want to take group picture...)

anyone has any inputs from their usage with the oly 17/1.8?

i saw from user reviews that the Oly 17/1.8 isn't really that so sharp, esp at F1.8..

hmm the 15/1.7 seems too ex...(couldn't find any WTS thread in Clubsnap)...the Oly 12/2 thou, seems reasonable..

the 25mm would be perfect for me, as i mount my 50mm on my DF 80% of the time..
but the EM10 which i bought really is more for social gatherings and casual walkabouts, in which case 25mm might be too tight (esp if i want to take group picture...)

anyone has any inputs from their usage with the oly 17/1.8?

i used the 17 1.8 briefly with an EP5... the AF is snappy, quiet and accurate, but think most oly lenses are.... the lens is plenty sharp wide open.... juz that the lenses that came before it are sharper wide open... thus the complains.... but i need to highlight I only care about centre sharpness mainly....

why not get a 35mm f1.8G FX to pair up with your DF?......

Last edited:
hmm need some help, new to the m4/3 world (am using a DF as a primary body)

i wanna get a prime lens, somewhere in the 17-20mm (m4/3 range)...

I tried the panasonic 17mm f1.7 mk2, but the focus is inaccurate and too slow..
anyone has any recommendation? preferably olympus's own lens, as the focusing is insanely fast...

budget: SGD400-500..

i hooted the 17mm during the cashback sale with a bro here. loving this lens. it's sharp, AF is a beast. never had a lens that AF this fast. gotta agree that the sharpness is the sharpest at the centre. this is my goto lens and since i've bought it, i don't think i've mounted the kit lens 14-42 on it.

908 cash.. Comes with a thinktank bag also which TK is selling at $58 and a screen protector

thanks. this includes the kit lens + 45mm? i'm hoping the deal is still available this week or even longer. fingers crossed that this isn't a COMEX special.