EM-10 Official! The OM-D for All!

Why Oly..WHY did you not use a similar range of batteries for all the MFT.. Or at lease the OM to share a same type Why must you use the BLS-5 ;(;(;( :thumbsd:

same reaction when I move from previous Pen to EP5...

same reaction when I move from previous Pen to EP5...

Maybe olympus has over stock for bls-5 battery in their warehouse.
hence new models will use bls5 battery.

DL's feature on the E-M10 today kelong to the max... showed an E-M1 instead!

When I was reading DL earlier I thought it' was the E-M10 minus 0

Woah, like that how much of the written is correct?

The review was correct but think the editor "lazy" (cut and paste):D

Hey guys any idea on what the image quality will be like compared to the em5 and em1.

So far can't find any real comparisons if iq between the 3 of them.

Iam guessing it shld be better then the em5 and not the em1. Because it comes with the em5 sensor and the em1 image processor.

Overall looks good. now we r just lacking local RRP and street prices :)

EM10's release gonna affect sales of the EPL, GF and GM series.

I think the Panasonic GX7 is a more direct competition to it, rather than the Pens/GF/GM which are meant for those who seeks the smallest form/particular looks/no EVF. My heart is swaying towards EM10 :)

I think the Panasonic GX7 is a more direct competition to it, rather than the Pens/GF/GM which are meant for those who seeks the smallest form/particular looks/no EVF. My heart is swaying towards EM10 :)

True , I had totally forgotten about the GX7 ......

True , I had totally forgotten about the GX7 ......

What about Panasonic G6 ? I should think this is a much closer competitor to EM10, especially from price point.
BTW, seems there is not much comments about G6 in CS but from other review sites, this is a highly regarded camera.

What about Panasonic G6 ? I should think this is a much closer competitor to EM10, especially from price point.
BTW, seems there is not much comments about G6 in CS but from other review sites, this is a highly regarded camera.

G series are excellent camera just not so well received locally as you mentioned. Would think GX7 is a hotter seller than G6, yes, it's a close competition to EM10 as well.

Hey guys any idea on what the image quality will be like compared to the em5 and em1.

So far can't find any real comparisons if iq between the 3 of them.

Iam guessing it shld be better then the em5 and not the em1. Because it comes with the em5 sensor and the em1 image processor.

Wells I'm only starting to follow the OM-D models now because of the E-M10, but is there a significant difference between the E-M5 and E-M1 to begin with? There's been a few versions of the sensor/processor combination stated in various previews that it can confusing for people:

1) E-M5 sensor, E-M1 processor (from the press release)
2) "new" sensor, E-M1 processor
3) E-M5 sensor minus low pass filter, E-M1 processor

If you are choosing one out the three based primarily on the image quality, then I think it's not a very good benchmark. A better comparison would be with the other models.

G series are excellent camera just not so well received locally as you mentioned. Would think GX7 is a hotter seller than G6, yes, it's a close competition to EM10 as well.

The G6 may be a close competitor on price point but it can't fight controls-wise. :D Wells there's only so much speculation we can do without any local RRP announcements. FWIW US$699 body-only rounded up to the nearest sticker price is S$899, so I really hope it'll be at that price point.

Only interested in one thing....when can I buy it?

Only interested in one thing....when can I buy it?

$image-1476759988.jpg

Show coming to Vivocity