Elaine Yuki

4760420957_50d08b9890.jpg

4761055842_589b93689c.jpg

4763795518_cd7a304402_b.jpg

Aiko

4763157313_0d24188e93.jpg

4761056028_06336644a0_b.jpg

upz for elaine :)
not a pro here.. but ur pictures dont look v sharp? as in.. it looks quite blury or smth.. or issit like no focus? =p

upz for elaine :)
not a pro here.. but ur pictures dont look v sharp? as in.. it looks quite blury or smth.. or issit like no focus? =p

i think for the 1st pic he used a low opacity gaussian blur am i right? cos the OOF affects the entire picture uniformly. More like soft focus achieved by gaussian blur.

i cannot confirm but thats what i had in mind ;p

however the 2nd elaine pic does look like its slightly OOF. btw the 5th pic is kinda cluttered with the background. and the colour combination of her clothes does not make her stand out. Maybe choose a cleaner background next time? Also on the 2nd model i can see her frills of her hair sticking out though its a small pic. Might wanna remove them too.

Just my personal opinions =D

Last edited:
i think for the 1st pic he used a low opacity gaussian blur am i right? cos the OOF affects the entire picture uniformly. More like soft focus achieved by gaussian blur.

i cannot confirm but thats what i had in mind ;p

however the 2nd elaine pic does look like its slightly OOF. btw the 5th pic is kinda cluttered with the background. and the colour combination of her clothes does not make her stand out. Maybe choose a cleaner background next time? Also on the 2nd model i can see her frills of her hair sticking out though its a small pic. Might wanna remove them too.

Just my personal opinions =D

:( The first shot was directly filtered from my camera. Forgot to turn the filter off but Elaine looked sweet in that photo anyway. Overall, felt that the effect was good just that it could have been less soft and blurry. As for the others, I might have slightly over blurred them. Will take note of that. And yes, photo 5 not only clustered, but got people at the back. Irritating! Not much of a choice with my position as I do not want to distract the model and the photographers.

Thanks btw! :) Cheers, and do hope to see you around if you have chance to join jusgaki's photoshoot.

great models, very photogenic. good poses and nice backgrounds. however, dont know if its just me but i feel the shots are still quite soft (not just saying #1) - there seems to be abit of lens blur in #2 and #4 as well. perhaps, you can attempt sharpening if that helps. for me, the effect of softness in #1 was overdone but nice attempt. would probably just soften the skin and leave most other details (esp the eyes!) sharp. but yours was done in-camera and not PS i guess?

cheers

Your shot may be due to high iso and poor lighting. My pics did not turn out well, overcast + indirect light did not help for my 70-300mm zoom lens :cry:
Fortunately I got ok shots of Michelle :)
Next time i'll use 50mm + flash.

models are so pretty. lovely smiles.

a little blur i agreed. had to rub my eye and look again;p

anyway...what is a fashioniesta?? you meant fashionistas= a very fashionable person?

Pic 4 seems to be slightly front focused. Buttons looked sharper then facial features.

sharpness is definitely not there, it looks like u wanted to achieve a soft focus effect, not in this way. it looks rather oof, maybe u can work on it

great models, very photogenic. good poses and nice backgrounds. however, dont know if its just me but i feel the shots are still quite soft (not just saying #1) - there seems to be abit of lens blur in #2 and #4 as well. perhaps, you can attempt sharpening if that helps. for me, the effect of softness in #1 was overdone but nice attempt. would probably just soften the skin and leave most other details (esp the eyes!) sharp. but yours was done in-camera and not PS i guess?

cheers

Thanks! For #1, it was all done on the camera by accident so I guess that could have resulted in the oversoft effect. (Camera not smart enough;p) But I agree that I might have overdone the blur on the others as well. Haha.

Your shot may be due to high iso and poor lighting. My pics did not turn out well, overcast + indirect light did not help for my 70-300mm zoom lens :cry:
Fortunately I got ok shots of Michelle :)
Next time i'll use 50mm + flash.
Then you won't need to trouble yourself by finding a "zoom-lens-group" anymore.. :bsmilie: But zoom lens do take real NICE shots if everything is done well.

models are so pretty. lovely smiles.

a little blur i agreed. had to rub my eye and look again;p

anyway...what is a fashioniesta?? you meant fashionistas= a very fashionable person?
Fashioniesta = Fashioniesta. Hahaha. Doesn't literally have a meaning, its up to your imagination. Comparatively, its almost like the meaningless things that Lady Gaga does which makes it meaningful. :D

Pic 4 seems to be slightly front focused. Buttons looked sharper then facial features.
Yeah, thats the problem with autofocus. Will take note of that in future. :)

sharpness is definitely not there, it looks like u wanted to achieve a soft focus effect, not in this way. it looks rather oof, maybe u can work on it
Will definitely do so... thanks.

Thanks! For #1, it was all done on the camera by accident so I guess that could have resulted in the oversoft effect. (Camera not smart enough;p) But I agree that I might have overdone the blur on the others as well. Haha.

Then you won't need to trouble yourself by finding a "zoom-lens-group" anymore.. :bsmilie: But zoom lens do take real NICE shots if everything is done well.

Fashioniesta = Fashioniesta. Hahaha. Doesn't literally have a meaning, its up to your imagination. Comparatively, its almost like the meaningless things that Lady Gaga does which makes it meaningful. :D

Yeah, thats the problem with autofocus. Will take note of that in future. :)

Will definitely do so... thanks.

Hello guanny,

Can you please explain why you are using Juskagi's user's account? Or am I looking at clone accounts here?

Erm, i'm guessing Guanny is Justin, her bf :rolleyes:
I guess they were using the same computer and she never logged out. ;p

Hello guanny,

Can you please explain why you are using Juskagi's user's account? Or am I looking at clone accounts here?

Erm, i'm guessing Guanny is Justin, her bf :rolleyes:
I guess they were using the same computer and she never logged out. ;p

yap, troyP is right. Guanny is my bf, Justin. we are jus-aki
:bsmilie:
thanks for pointing out Ziploc, you got sharp eyes. even i didn notice until you mention. HAHA

yap, troyP is right. Guanny is my bf, Justin. we are jus-aki
:bsmilie:
thanks for pointing out Ziploc, you got sharp eyes. even i didn notice until you mention. HAHA

So creative O_O, wanted to go to ya shoot but too busy =/