EF-S 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 IS or Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulla

Sep 22, 2009
Singapore
Helo fellow photographer, Which of this is better EF-S 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 IS or Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM??? need some recomendation...

Please go on google, read reviews, make up your mind then. Here's a good place to start:

www.photozone.de

go to camera shop that have both, test with a couple of shots and then on laptop pixel peep till you happy.

thankz for the info soon.... i have another question is that does Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM fits onto a full frame camera?

thankz for the info soon.... i have another question is that does Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM fits onto a full frame camera?

It fits, but it is not a full frame lens. DC is cropped, DG is full-frame. If it was fur full frame it would be a LOT bigger and more expensive.

It fits, but it is not a full frame lens. DC is cropped, DG is full-frame. If it was fur full frame it would be a LOT bigger and more expensive.
thanks for the info rashkae... really of great help.... ^^

Hi ardnirun, I guess u owned a Tamron 18-270 ^.^ hows the lens in your opinon?? btw i am a 500D user ^^

bought it 3 days ago..

at first die die wanted the sigma 18-250mm...cos 4 SLD glass is damn good specs wise

tried the tamron first....astonished at the VC...its VC is ridiculously effective...u can see the shake stop considerably when enabling VC

Colours are very nikon-ish..i like...(using a Canon 20D btw..)...good contrast too

for the sigma...uhm..OS..not that fantastic uh..its not as effective as the Tamron...colour-wise...nothing great...wasn't that eye-catching for me...

HSM...i dunno whats the big hooha...but it seems normal to me..i somehow liked the tamron "normal motor" one better....

build-wise....i noe alot of ppl feel otherwise...but i like the tamron's build more...

u need to try both out..at the same settings....then see wat grabs your attention..

i tried the EF-S 18-200 during the photomarathon too..but it wasnt one of the shortlisted superzooms i had in mind..

honestly..tamron in my opinion are top-class in the super-zoom category..

Last edited:
but a lot of review mention that tamron tends to hunt alot when using AF.

At small aperture of 6.3 and tele at 270 or 250, AF will hunt a lot more than the Canon's 5.6 at 200mm.

Since Tamron has 20mm more reach, it will definitely hunt more than the sigma at 250 at the same apertures.

Status
Not open for further replies.