EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaNi3L

Oct 4, 2004
NTU Hall 4
www.katoots.com
Thinking of getting the Lens Hood ES-62 with adapter ring for 50mm 1.8 II, but havent seen it around. MS Color also told me they dun have. Wonder if anyone's actually seen it being sold around SG?

12467.jpg

Pic taken off B&H.

knoxknocks said:
can try TCW. If they don't have, they can order for you.

Wah...I was also from Hall 4...>10 years ago :bigeyes:
Order? Must pay shipment or service charge or not? :cry:

OT: Wah.. qian bei! *kowtow*

No need to pay service charge. Just ask them how much first b4 you order lor.

OT: No qian bei lah...sounds old. used to stay blk 27 - 3 years

DaNi3L said:
Thinking of getting the Lens Hood ES-62 with adapter ring for 50mm 1.8 II, but havent seen it around. MS Color also told me they dun have. Wonder if anyone's actually seen it being sold around SG?

12467.jpg

Pic taken off B&H.

I bought mine from TCW last year end...

MaGixShOe said:
Alternative: Rubber lens hood at $5

any chance they come with different thread size? Thinking of changing my lens hood as it cumbersome to carry around.

not so sure about the not needing the lens hood. but i must agree, the front element is deep in.

read from a web site regarding DIY hood, aside from wide angle, from 50mm up in tele direction, inorder for lens hood to be effective, is has to be same length as its focal lens.

i have both, the canon one and the rubber hood, ever since i bought the $5 rubber hood, the canon hood sit in the cupboard.

the rubber hood allows easy adjustment of CP.

try adjusting the CP when a canon hood is used. dam diff i tell you.

where to buy the rubber hood? :)

EiRiK said:
whats the adaptor ring used for?
I think its becos the thread is slightly inside of the lens body, so the adapter will allow the hood to start from the actual diameter of the body rather than slightly recessed. :)

Yeah, no one mentioned where to get rubber hood.

knoxknocks said:
No need to pay service charge. Just ask them how much first b4 you order lor.

OT: No qian bei lah...sounds old. used to stay blk 27 - 3 years

Sorry for the OT... but couldn't help it... ;p Me frm Hall 4 too... 6.5 years ago... Stayed at Blk 24 (Yr 1-2) then Blk 25 (Final Yr)... ;)

DaNi3L said:
I think its becos the thread is slightly inside of the lens body, so the adapter will allow the hood to start from the actual diameter of the body rather than slightly recessed. :)

Yeah, no one mentioned where to get rubber hood.

I think CP or TCW sells rubber hoods...

most major photo shop sells it, for a 49-52mm rubber hood, should be around $5, 58mm rubber hood around $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.