EF 24-70L f2.8 with IS Rumour

Take it slow and steady... and not let it become an obsession.... shoot first, talk later... lol.... :bsmilie:

I think sometimes, we all talk too much here and shoot too little...

I shoot quite alot but not good enough to display. :bsmilie:

No worry.... when you shoot more, you learn more and will improve some how... or you can go attend class or read up.... ;)

Yes, reading alot. Funny thing is, I do tend to get basics like exposure right, but creative stuff like compositions wrong. What I need is not a lens but a creative mind. :bsmilie:

Yes, reading alot. Funny thing is, I do tend to get basics like exposure right, but creative stuff like compositions wrong. What I need is not a lens but a creative mind. :bsmilie:

Technical skills can be learn and taught.... creative skills though cannot be taught and learn... only though experience, you can develop attention to details, and sensitivity... some are inborn.... that's life... nothing is fair... haha............ :bsmilie:

Technical skills can be learn and taught.... creative skills though cannot be taught and learn... only though experience, you can develop attention to details, and sensitivity... some are inborn.... that's life... nothing is fair... haha............ :bsmilie:

Yups. No choice lah. But I enjoy the process of it, plus i see and notice stuff that I didn't notice before, so for me that is what I enjoy.

I shoot quite alot but not good enough to display. :bsmilie:

No worry.... when you shoot more, you learn more and will improve some how... or you can go attend class or read up.... ;)

Yups. No choice lah. But I enjoy the process of it, plus i see and notice stuff that I didn't notice before, so for me that is what I enjoy.

Pls stick to the topic and don't stray away, this thread is abt a rumour of a new 24-70 f2.8L with IS and nothing to do with photography techniques. If you guys want to talk abt other topics, pls join the relevant thread or start your own thread on it. Pls respect the TS and don't just butt into another thread.

Pls stick to the topic and don't stray away, this thread is abt a rumour of a new 24-70 f2.8L with IS and nothing to do with photography techniques. If you guys want to talk abt other topics, pls join the relevant thread or start your own thread on it. Pls respect the TS and don't just butt into another thread.

Ok... sorry about that....

Sorry boss. ;p

the only reason why i might want to get a 24-70 2.8L IS is to shoot handheld video.... that will be sweet with amazing DOF for a wide zoom... then again, i think i'd rather save the money and spend on other manual lenses :p

imagine you have to spend another 1k on the IS alone, with no significant increase in the IQ, would you want to invest in this lens? no doubt it would be cool to tk videos with it...

Rumor: Canon may release the new 24-70 with the 1DsIV. I read this somewhere on the internet (it might be canonrumors, but I don't really remember). I heard rumor about the 24-70 II even before I heard about 70-200 f2.8 II. Now the latter lens is already on the market, but the former is still a rumor.

Rumor: Canon may release the new 24-70 with the 1DsIV. I read this somewhere on the internet (it might be canonrumors, but I don't really remember). I heard rumor about the 24-70 II even before I heard about 70-200 f2.8 II. Now the latter lens is already on the market, but the former is still a rumor.

Seen on CR,

1Ds Mark IV @ Photokina
Receiving a few tidbits of information about an upcoming 1Ds body.

Everything points to it launching before Photokina. We’ve even seen claims it could launch as early as this week.

I also received one emailing claiming it would be launched with 1 lens. No word on what lens that would be.

The 1D Mark IV didn’t launch with a lens, however the 70-200 f/2.8L IS II did launch a couple of months earlier on its own.

A new 24-70 is obviously a lens that would make sense to launch with a new 1Ds.

:)

Haiz. Don't think its gonna be true anymore....

hope this is true~~then i can get it...