education not up to standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont remember my primary school headmaster anymore but I remember all my home class teachers.
I still remember my junior highschool headmaster. We nickname him white goat. Cos he has white goatee and black hair. We speculated his chin works harder than his head. He was funny. He is dead now. He died of old age. Some of my school friends speculate his hair was still black when he died.
I still remember my senior highschool headmaster. We nickname him the godfather cos he look and act like one. He was not funny, but that was ok cos the chemistry teacher was funny (substitute). He is dead now. He died of heart attack.
I dont remember my faculty's dean. I have no idea about his status now.

yea. but then, ur avoiding the main point. do u have an idea how schs are run now, how lessons are conducted etc etc? or u have no idea cause u didnt find out, ur child dun tell u and u still think, its sch nia. wad can go wrong?

what if stuff goes wrong and u still dunno? and ur child, possibly already has been brainwashed, has suicidal thoughts, under tremendous pressure. =.=

i hope someone from moe stumbles upon this and do a indepth inquiry.

TS if you want MOE to take notice right, just bring it up to them. I think a lot of people will support you.

TS if you want MOE to take notice right, just bring it up to them. I think a lot of people will support you.

i think if moe is backing that principal's policy, they wont do anything. until there are actually people concerned.

i mean, if we report now they could just ignore?

and then hide up.

and that isnt a clean and transparent government. and yet again, if they did u wont know it happened. and they can still remain as clean and transparent. its a possibility.

education isnt as transparent as it used to be.

what i desire is an explaination on the moe part. why is the principal actually allowed to hurl insults at students? or rules such as elbow rule being allowed? if it is implemented, i dun see a reason why muslim girls arent allowed to wear the tudung, stating religion and possibly modesty as a reason.
read here.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia-pacific/1804470.stm

and i did made an audio recording. i would like to make a clarification:

its if u dun get a2 and above for higher chinese in o lvls, u will not get to take 4h2.

and he also made no mention about the english standard. so now we can see. sch is focusing more on chinese than english.

either is we english very good, or moe has a sudden policy change.

and this still means problems for our sch, seeing only 30% can get a2 and above, according to my calculations.

in short, something is very wrong with the principal and the policy.

Last edited:
ok. i'm feeling sick. like i wanna puke. just the thought of sch now is already. enough to make me sick.

i think i'm traumatised. i need help.

ok. i'm feeling sick. like i wanna puke. just the thought of sch now is already. enough to make me sick.

Is 4H2s even that big of a deal if you're not thinking of applying for a scholarship anyway?

quit school then, no one is forcing you to stay

Now that I think about it, the elbow rule is quite funny. How does the school conduct assembly? All the girls in front, followed by one elbow space, then all the boys or alternate row/columns with one elbow space apart?

Anyways, if it is that bad, go do something about it. If enough people agree with you, things will change. Even if you fail to get anything done in the end, you will learn something from it. No point coming online to rant and hoping to find a consensus. Just like in real life, some will agree with you and some will not. You will definitely gain more supporters and people who sympathize with you but uncover many more people who disagree with your views at the same time.

Finally, old people might not always be as bright but chances are, even the dumbest ones have lived long enough to learn something top school students don't know. Don't fight against school rules like haircut. It has not changed in the last 20 years. It will probably not change in the next 5 years. It might not affect your grades and it is ridiculous to think that long hair will affect vision but it will affect you chance of getting a job in sales a marketing. Even for other jobs, people don't want to hire a messy looking guy if there is another equally qualified candidate.

Exposé Special Report
... And now it is time to put a face to the mystery. :bsmilie: ;p​

20091217111149hci.jpg

Leow Si Wan @ AsiaOne Education said:
Said JC1 student <Anonymous>, 17: 'From the way he interacts during assemblies, you can see he understands students well.'
Leow Si Wan @ AsiaOne Education said:
Secondary 4 student <Anonymous>, 16, added: 'He is humorous and tries to integrate students' feedback when he is making decisions, for instance, when introducing a new way of assessment.'

wait until you graduate!

time to quit the world, it is a sick sick place!

authentic-drama-queen.jpg

a career at mediacorp awaits you!:cheergal::cheergal:

don't worry, i pledge 5 votes for you if you get to run for &#32418;&#26143;&#22823;&#22870;

hmm. this is a pretty odd topic. i'm assuming most of the people here already finished schooling.

my school currently has a new principal transferred in. and as far as i can tell, the policies that he propose dun seem exactly civil, but rather, pardon me for my choice of words, crude, barbaric and quite ancient.

to give u an example,

he claims that our sch (mind u. we are a top sch in singapore. i'll withhold the sch name for obvious reasons. dun wanna get into trouble) will do badly in our A lvls, when even our first batch of A lvl students havent even got the chance to take the A lvls yet. and rather than encouraging the students to work hard, he simply throws the verdict: u are gonna screw up.

his new policy: guys and girls need to maintain 1 elbow apart. if this was in... a sch with bad reputation and low level of discipline, i'll be alright with it. but we are afterall a top school in singapore, and i think this crude form of policy doesnt reflect too well in the sch.

oh another: late comers, after 5 times will be expelled/suspension. cant remember exact rule.

hmm. top schs having this kind of treatment. either we are getting worse, or he is just very dictatorial.

i'll post a short excerpt, from a student of his previous sch, paraphrased so that u cant google it.

well. another reason being, his control over the english language isnt too strong. might be the reason why he makes such comments?.

i would wonder, does having such acts in singapore actually reflect well that we have world class standard education? or just simply wayang?

and adding a point, he even misread the sch motto, and the irony being, he is the principal, he is chinese educated, and the motto is in chinese, 4 words only.
oh yes. if anyone feels that this thread is simply a mindless rant, i'll be fine with deleting it.

i' just curious abt ur views on this incident. i do not wish to take a too negative stand on this issue yet. thank you:x

AND PLS MAKE THIS A CIVIL CONVERSATION/DEBATE. if anyone needs clarification on another's viewpoint, do say so.

and i do not wish any innocent school to be mistaken. its not dunman high. this is the furthest i can reveal. i have received many concerned replies from parents inquiring abt if it was dunman. i assure u its not. and its ranked in top 10 of the singapore sch ranks.

so what do you suggest to do to those who just can't seem to be punctual? An individual who cannot be punctual goes to show one's attitude towards whatever he/she is doing isnt it?

My thinking those persistent late commers probably just can't be bother with school. Besides now is the time to start inculcating isnt it? Imagine coming out of school and starting to work. Gonna be late everyday?

Anyway.... bei song... complaint MOE.

well. i'm bringing the matter up to moe tmr :)

i decided it would be a nice present to the sch. afterall its her birthday celebration tmr!though actual bday is another day. a moe complaint is like the best present to give to the sch.(and with this i think its the biggest hint to give u already.)

thankyou guys for all ur responses. it helped me a lot :)

hey i'm not drama. i just happen to just feel sick ~~ relax.

i'm going to base my reply to moe as:
1: elbow rule, i hope that moe can explain the rationale behind this. i find it stupid
2:the need for a HCL a2 and above to take 4h2 subjects.
3: the denial of choice for the next year sec 3 to choose a subject combination of their choice, and instead made to study all subjects.
4: a poor command of the english language
5:verbal abuse of students.

is this comprehensive enough?

and do note: i'm a reasonable person. hair length and clealiness and latecoming stuff are reasonable. i'll acknowledge that. as for the rest, i'm pretty sure that it is unreasonable enough :)

i only judge wad he does. i didnt comment he has a receding hairline yet so far ~~

and with this, i shall end this thread. thank you for all your responses. they really helped me a lot.

i will start a new thread if moe ever gives me any updates.

good day to all :) and a big thankyou

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.