Editing in Photoshop - Tricks & Tips - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clement Chia

Jan 14, 2010
Hope this thread can help ClubSNAP users - Specific topics can change, "Editing in Photoshop - Tricks & Tips - HELP" is a general topic title.

My apologies for starting a new thread (especially since I'm a newbie in this forum).. Need some tips on how to do specific topics in Photoshop.

I have a number of photographs taken at the same scene (with either different exposures or slight different angle) and most of those photos have different color distributions.

I would like to have all those photograph from the same scene share the same (or very similar) color distribution - can anyone tell me how can this be done in Photo Editing software? any possibility of batch actions?

Replies/Help will be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Hello Clement Chia.
Welcome. I think you may have mis-typed the forum's name. It's ClubSNAP, not snapclub.
You can of course edit your post anytime to make any corrections.

If the various photos have different colour overtones, then in my opinion there is no single batch process that can just convert all into a consistent one, unless you are talking about B&W or Sepia.
I usually open all in Camera RAW so that I can visually see each and every one.
Then adjust the colours broadly using the temperature bar.
Some with very close colours, I select together and adjust together one shot to save time.

corrected my errors - thanks for highlighting.. I use RAW format and will do it individually, (if necessary).. But visually, I seems to have some bias as I process the seres. Anyway to force all photographs to follow (or take up) a similar/particular color distribution/histogram?

Sorry if it sound stupid, how do you "select together and adjust together one shot to save time" ? I have not use batch function in PS.. :(

From my knowledge (not very good though), don't think its possible to change different photos with different exposure and etc to the same using batch. :)

corrected my errors - thanks for highlighting.. I use RAW format and will do it individually, (if necessary).. But visually, I seems to have some bias as I process the seres. Anyway to force all photographs to follow (or take up) a similar/particular color distribution/histogram?

Using camera raw, you can select many photos and apply the same adjustments to each.

... Anyway to force all photographs to follow (or take up) a similar/particular color distribution/histogram?

Sorry, I am not sure about forcing it through. Let's see if any one else has the experience in that could give us some advice.

Sorry if it sound stupid, how do you "select together and adjust together one shot to save time" ? I have not use batch function in PS.. :(

When you select a few photos in Adobe Bridge and open up in Camera RAW, the various photos will be shown on the left column in the dialog box.
Click on 'Select All' on the top. Then start to do your adjustment. Whatever adjustment you do on the first picture will be duplicated and synchronised to the rest.

If using raw...save a preset. Apply this preset if you have similar pictures....

But it will never be exactly the same...bounce to be some different.
But why you need to shot the same scene over and over...

Thanks to all for the quick replies. I guess all the current suggested methods are to apply the same transformation to all (but if the inidividual images are recorded in different setting, it will still have differences in exposures/lightling conditions), the next step is to manually adjust each individual image.. The problem I have here is that visually, there is always a bias... but I guess there is no automatic methods and there is no way to "force" all images to share a similar colour distribution :)

As for the reasons why I'm need to do is.. 1. Panoramic images (Hugin and Enblend/Enfused solve this problem).. 2. Capturing live models with different expressions (and I want to create a self designed collage.. 3. capturing birds in flights.. as they move, the different backgrounds will generate different exposures (not talking about major shift of background, even a few seconds will create tens of shots and yes, I know I should have fixed aperature/speed when I do such shots but action photo dont give me much time to think :) )

All help are Much appreciated..

Last edited:
Hi, may try this . www. photoanswers.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.