Easy to Use PnS Camera for My Mom

IT show? No... get it during IT show, but not personally in the IT show... during IT show but in some reputable shops like John, TK, Cathay Photo (can be quite expensive in Cathay though).

Yea, you're right, it's DURING, definitely not AT the IT Show. ;)

Actually your mother might not be too particular about special functions or IQ. So what you should do is just head down to an electoric chain store like Courts and Harvey Norman to really test out the cameras yourself and see which interface suits your mum. Of course not asking you to try on the spot but things like interface are best checked through testing.

I think almost all the pns can do a good job and if your mum is not going to use advance functions then no point buying high end stuff that she doesn't use. Also look out for size for convenience of bringing out.

Won't be bringing my mom to see coz I have intended it as a surprise and she's gonna be naggy if she finds out I am spending a considerable amount on the camera. She's really the thrifty kind and I will be lying that I got the camera on discount and didn't costs a lot. Something like the X10 or even S100, I don't think I can lie my way through.

She was looking at those Groupon sites for cameras but those camera seems more like a toy or cheapo camera that is being advertised for S$99 (usual they put as S$500+ but google shows only at most 30GBP). Don't want her to be conned by some of these deals, so better that I get one for her. And I can tell she don't want something more than S$100. So I set the budget as $300, will be easier to bluff my way through.

Last edited:
can't find it in dpreview or most of other review site.
google results are either some cheap deal sites or forum
maybe some throwaway model?
at 78, not too bad lah.... go to the shop and ask if can test.

Canon A series will do fine. Get something more complicated if she is interested in playing with manual functions. Otherwise it will only serve to confuse and confound.

geikou said:
I just saw on Today, Food & Electronics Expo have a 14MP Fujifilm cam selling at $49. From the picture, looks similar to this one. They didn't mention the model though.

Wah cheap!! Can buy 20 of these... ;)

I just saw on Today, Food & Electronics Expo have a 14MP Fujifilm cam selling at $49. From the picture, looks similar to this one. They didn't mention the model though.

Thanks for the tip. Will head down this weekend to have a look. :)

Don't think it's this model coz what you saw was 14MP but this is only 12MP.