donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
orionbounce-front_400.jpg
orionbounce_400.jpg

http://www.eastgear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=336

The OrionBounce Mini Softbox is selling at $15, half the price of the plastic
Stofen Omni Bounce CP is selling.
Will the mini softbox work better than Stofen or smae?
Thanks.

If you want, I have one to let go, never used, but I've removed the packaging already. :) Just let me know what price you want it ;)

espn said:
If you want, I have one to let go, never used, but I've removed the packaging already. :) Just let me know what price you want it ;)

If it work better or same as the Stofen, I will take yours.

newbie qn.. does it override the setting on the sb800 to 14mm the same way the nikon diffuser dome does? hrm..

ZeroDivine said:
newbie qn.. does it override the setting on the sb800 to 14mm the same way the nikon diffuser dome does? hrm..

NO.

The flash doen't know that a condom is covering it, unlike the pull-out diffuser, which triggers something with it to inform the flash that it is pulled out.

condom... hahaha... :D ..
oh ya back to the topic.. any experience using it? is the diffusion good and soft? maybe thinking to get for play only haha

I've used it before. Performs quite well but I didn't like to have to keep adjusting its position on the flash. When in use, you have to position it such that only the bottom third of the softbox covers your flash. The rest must not cover the flash.

When I need to keep my flash, I will either have to take the whole thing off or push it down the flash completely. I found that it's not very easy to put it back on the flash if I take it of completely. Often I found myself fumbling with it.

So, I got myself a Stophen Omnibounce instead. Don't have a complaint about it. I can take it off or put it on in a split second. And I don't have to do anything about it when I keep my flash.

One disadvantage of the Stophen Omnibounce is that you can't use it on a different flash - you need to buy a new one. On the other hand you can use the same unit of Orionbounce on practically any flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.