Earthquake and what you should do when facing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDragon

Nov 9, 2006
Bedok
www.onzlah.com
My company sent us this alert today. So i figure I should share it with everyone. Added additional stuff in Red.

What to Do during Tremors

In view of recent tremors due to earthquakes in Indonesia, please note the following advisory from the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF):

1. Stay calm. Don't Panick.

2. If you are in a building,
a. Take cover under a table (If no table, go to the nearest corner of the room)
b. Keep away from items made of glass or hanging objects.
c. Do not use the lift.
d. Do not use a naked light (Ask the light to put on some clothes), in case there is a gas leak.

3. If you are out in the open, stay there.

4. After the tremor stops,
a. Remain there after all vibrations have ceased.
b. Stay away from any exposed cables, damaged power points or hanging objects.
c. Report gas leaks. (If you are still alive from the toxic fumes or explosion)
d. Help the injured (call SCDF at 995 if the injuries are significant and if the phone line is still up).
e. Report any incidents or issues of law and order to the Police.

i wonder if S'pore Flyer got quake resistant feature anot? sekali, d top den capsule shake-shake abit den chiobu wear high heels fall down... :rolleyes:

i wonder if S'pore Flyer got quake resistant feature anot? sekali, d top den capsule shake-shake abit den chiobu wear high heels fall down... :rolleyes:

imagine shake shake shake the wheel come loose and roll into marina bay :bsmilie:

I DUN MIND!!! :bsmilie:

wait d operator kenna sue until all d capsules drop! :bsmilie:

mayb should buy motorcycle helmet & attach a headlamp. 1 at work, other at home. come d quake, cover my head. :sweatsm:

updated one ;p

In view of recent tremors due to earthquakes in Indonesia, please note the following advisory from the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF):

2. If you are in a building,
a. Take cover under a table (If no table, go to the nearest corner of the room)
b. Keep away from items made of glass or hanging objects.
c. Do not use the lift.
d. Do not use a naked light (Ask the light to put on some clothes), in case there is a gas leak.
e. you betta pray hard

Hey, you guys just mentioned the Big Wheel. I think it sort of looks like a space station horizontally.

I believe most Singaporeans bochap and think earthquakes will never hit us.

For me, I think anything can happen. I wun know if I can live till tmr.

The actual fact is that the cracks getting bigger and the vibrations getting stronger. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.