Early morning eyes

TonyStapleton

Jun 15, 2011
Hey, first time poster and stumbled across the site - which I love! As with most of you I really enjoy photography and am trying to improve so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Post shot work i.e. does the black&white and blue eyes work. Is the close-up composition OK?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Trying to move beyond the point and shoot photos and move to a more artistic shot.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Early morning, indoors, tired and about to move countries!

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I'm happy with the pic and like the light caught in his eyes.

Big thanks in advance to all who take the time to view and comment. Happy Friday!

IMG_9474vcs.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks ok to me. But 2 possiblilities here:
1) the cropped fingers are not in the frame at all
2) the photo shows more of the fingers

I guess it'll look better with more of the fingers in the photo. It'll give a better overall feel of the baby's expression

Hey - thanks for the reply. Good point regarding the fingers, I'll either keep them in or out next time and not cut them half off!

How strange - I'm not sure why you can not see the photo. I can see it and have had another reply commenting on composition :dunno:

Nice catchlights on the eyes.
Photo is well focus, but i feel the subject should be positioned more the right of the frame. showing more space on the left side in the direction of the subject's eyes would be better than having dark areas on the right.

Thanks for that, I was happy with the catchlight too. I like the idea of moving the subject to the right and will try it out tonight - very helpful thank you.