E3 should be named on the next pro body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"有趣的是Olympus在今年2月22日一口氣同時將E-2到E-9(E-3除外)全做了商標登錄。
不知是為將來產品系列預做鋪路."
Did you see this line??
E3,E3,E3.

"有趣的是Olympus在今年2月22日一口氣同時將E-2到E-9(E-3除外)全做了商標登錄。
不知是為將來產品系列預做鋪路."
Did you see this line??
E3,E3,E3.
Sure I see it. I also see it comes from a forum. The line also contains E-2 and E-9. The Japanese part is not something I understand and even if I would, IMO is just another rumor. Personally I don't believe it will be called E-3 for reasons I already mentioned on CS several times, so I won't repeat here why. However it is, I don't think I care about the name, more about price and performance.

Sure I see it. I also see it comes from a forum. The line also contains E-2 and E-9. The Japanese part is not something I understand and even if I would, IMO is just another rumor. Personally I don't believe it will be called E-3 for reasons I already mentioned on CS several times, so I won't repeat here why. However it is, I don't think I care about the name, more about price and performance.

By the way, that's Chinese and not Japanese; what it says is that the terminology E-2 to E-9 have all been registered as Olympus trademarks on 22 Feb 2007.

Anyway, the name is just a name; what is important is that Oly delivers a kick-butt camera by this November!

By the way, that's Chinese and not Japanese; what it says is that the terminology E-2 to E-9 have all been registered as Olympus trademarks on 22 Feb 2007.

Anyway, the name is just a name; what is important is that Oly delivers a kick-butt camera by this November!
Thanks for the language help. I can not see the difference and since it is a Japanese site and I was assuming it was Japanese. Sorry. Looking at it made me guess about what you interpreted as, i.e. it can be anything between E-1 and E-9 and as I say, I don't really care about the name, what's behind the name tag is more important.

However, I understand there seems to be a lot of people who would like to have it called E-3 for some strange reason.

3 as in chinese is close in in pronunciation as Life or giving birth. So being Asian and Chinese by majority here, 3 would be a good number.
Unlike 4 which sounds like death or die.

3 as in chinese is close in in pronunciation as Life or giving birth. So being Asian and Chinese by majority here, 3 would be a good number.

8 mean rich.E8 mean all of us can buy it,hehe.

Regardless of the name, I am waiting for the new camera to be released and hope that it will not disappoint. Realised that Oly changed their mind about some functions in the initial prototypes... which is very interesting... there seem to be some breakthrough in engineering... looking forward to the actual release... hmmm... drakon09 is too busy with the new kittens to be bothered with this news right now... ha ha ha...

Anyway, I am not obssessed nor care for what the new Pro Body will be called... it is the camera that matters.

3 = Life = Live = LV?
OK, don't call it 4. What about 5? Or lucky number 7? Isn't that good? ;)

Think I will leave out the others 5 and 7 for others to explain...don't really want to risk getting stonned. Back to the point, It does not matter what's it's called. E-1Pro or whatever as long as it's out ASAP.

Think I will leave out the others 5 and 7 for others to explain...don't really want to risk getting stonned. Back to the point, It does not matter what's it's called. E-1Pro or whatever as long as it's out ASAP.

Sure, but also affordable... or else it is going to be a flop.

Affordable depends on individuals. One can sell a camera at UD$4000+ and there are still people buying.

Affordable depends on individuals. One can sell a camera at UD$4000+ and there are still people buying.

Really...I wish I could..........:bsmilie:

BTW, cant wait to see this new upcoming.......

Really...I wish I could..........:bsmilie:

BTW, cant wait to see this new upcoming.......

I guess the price is going to be RM5000 for body,RM600 for the grip and RM7000 with 12-60(Lens cost RM3k,ouch:bigeyes:) because this is target at prosumer/pro market(aka Nikon D200 successor and Canon 30D/5D successor) so the price is not going to be too ridiculous(But still expensive).

I guess the price is going to be RM5000 for body,RM600 for the grip and RM7000 with 12-60(Lens cost RM3k,ouch:bigeyes:) because this is target at prosumer market(aka Nikon D200 successor and Canon 30D/5D successor) so the price is not going to be too ridiculous(But still expensive).

Dude. Get your facts right. You are talking about a PROFESSIONAL body here at a great price. You still don't understand the concepts behind Olympus.

Dude. Get your facts right. You are talking about a PROFESSIONAL body here at a great price. You still don't understand the concepts behind Olympus.

It is a prosumer/pro body,like S5 Pro/D200/5D.These camera s good enough for professional duty.The E3 is a winner in my opinion.Just enough spec and low enough price but most of us still canoot afford it:sweat:.

It is a prosumer/pro body,like S5 Pro/D200/5D.These camera s good enough for professional duty.The E3 is a winner in my opinion.Just enough spec and low enough price but most of us still canoot afford it:sweat:.

Fuji would be surprised/chagrined to find that they're building and selling prosumer cameras, as would the professionals who buy them, simply because they offer them at a reasonable price. I guess Kodak would never be accused of prosumer cameras because they have high prices on every SLR they sell.

The E-1 replacement, as the E-1, is a professional camera at a lower price point. Besides, Olympus tried to sell the E-1 at a higher price originally and that didn't work well. Oops. :eek:

I'll just be happy to see a high specification replacement body that doesn't make me wish for something that exists on my E-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.