E-600

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a new product, the E-600, which is apparently only available in North America for some reason. It's a E-620 without the art filters apparently, but it currently costs US$50 more than the E-620.

I haven't compared all the specifications, so it's probably a bit lighter since the art filters aren't included, but it looks substantially the same: small body, 7 point AF with 2 cross points, I.S., and TruePIC III+ processor.

yeah the E600 was announced about 2 months back, its not on the official olympus line-up as it is only available through certain sales channels in North America as a low cost model.

There is a new product, the E-600, which is apparently only available in North America for some reason. It's a E-620 without the art filters apparently, but it currently costs US$50 more than the E-620.

I haven't compared all the specifications, so it's probably a bit lighter since the art filters aren't included, but it looks substantially the same: small body, 7 point AF with 2 cross points, I.S., and TruePIC III+ processor.

Actually, 3 Art Filters are on the E-600 (Pop Art, Soft & Pinhole), instead of 6 on the E-620... it is like the upgraded version of the E-450 found in other parts of the world.

Guess it is probably a rebadged E-450 sold as E-600 in the North American market.

Thanks for the heads up though.

I heard it's just without the art filter and some other non-critical function. It's going for 100 USD cheaper than 620 I think.

According to the Olympus' website :

706433619_N2p8V-L.jpg

Pretty much the basic camera someone who doesn't need bells and whistles would buy...

I've been waiting for this as well, I guess the price hasn't got "saturated" yet since people might still believe that NEW MODEL = BETTER MODEL

Either this reaches SG shore at around 20% cheaper or I will just get a used E-620, which by then, would have dropped to about the same level...

well E-450 is 200usd more ex than the E-520. go figure hehe

maybe a psychological scheme so people would buy the older models to clear stocks? no idea hehe

i also think the e-620 was priced very good, probably why the price hasn't moved much since it was first launched

Last edited:

Don't mind me asking, but how come the exclusion of 3 art filters makes it lighter? I thought art filters was part of the system software.

Status
Not open for further replies.