E-410 Sample Images shot in low light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

microcosm

Sep 17, 2006
Here are some sample images shot in low light with the E-410. Some of the things to note :

(1) Focusing on less contrasty areas are much more accurate now.
(2) Banding issue? You decide for yourself.
(3) Shot with 50mm ZD and 30mm Sigma.
(4) Shot in ISO 1600. Noise Filter set only to "Standard" to preserve details.

shots200705_119.jpg

shots200705_118.jpg

shots200705_117.jpg

shots200705_116.jpg

shots200705_115.jpg

They're supposed to be SAMPLE images bro.

You don't have to shoot them so nice. :sticktong

need to see at 100% to tell. can post at 100% crop of some detailed area? and best if can compare with low ISO of same spot.

Wow... beautiful creative shots. I like the tonality and DOF control in these images.

good catch!! :thumbsup: my fav is the last one, lamp shade, lots of curves... :bsmilie:

i dun like the noise in pic #2 tho. too much for me to handle. :sweat:

need to see at 100% to tell. can post at 100% crop of some detailed area? and best if can compare with low ISO of same spot.

Yes 100% to tell true ISO1600...downsize u cannot c the different...:thumbsup:

Just realised that I have made a boo-boo and posted this in the wrong section... wah lau... sorry guys.

Finally handled the E-510 as well, and I have to say that the IS is indeed impressive. Hope the durability of IS would be proven over time. This has been my biggest concern.

After handling both new cameras from Olympus, I have come to my little conclusions and opinions about the two new siblings to the Oly line of cameras.

About the E-410 :
Contrary to what is being marketed, I feel that the 410 is really the "Digital OM" of this era. Well built little bugger, and really feels solid in the hands. A very well built camera indeed. My biggest complaint is of course, as a E-1 user, the built in WB sensor, which cannot be compared to the E-1 at all. Shot after shot, the E-1 still produces very good images. But this is something that can be fixed in post.

Regardless of what the marketing people or reviewers has to say about 410, I would not recommend this camera to girls or novice in digital photography because it does not have the newbie friendly IS. (After handling the 510). You have to have basic knowledge in photography and am able to hold the camera well to shoot good pictures with this camera. Your left hand is more important now, as the right hand is kinda useless as the 410 does not provide the grip like the 510. Therefore this is a camera for the old school photographer. Someone who has been shooting with the right techniques and have developed a good and proper handling of SLR cameras. Left hand balancing the lens and camera body, the right hand left free to shoot. If you get your hold right, then this is the camera for you! It is a joy to shoot with this camera, except for the WB issue mentioned above.

About the E-510 :
I have to say that this is the most newbie friendly camera with professional functions. But like the 410, it also does not have an external WB sensor found on the E-1. But the handling of the camera is very forgiving. You have good grip on the body, thus making it easy for a novice who does not have the basics right for handling cameras. The kit lens is equally pleasing though I am already spoilt by the higher end lenses.

Everything that the competition offers in an entry level camera, the 510 also almost have it all, and surpasses many cameras in its price range. This makes me wonder how impressive the new Pro and Semipro camera bodies will pack. Really anticipating their release.

The IS really helps the novice when they are trying to learn their basics, but I keep wondering how robust is the IS engine. This will tell over time. But again, for a novice, I will highly recommend this camera. This is the modern Olympus DSLR as compared to the E-410 little brother.

Great shots as always :thumbsup:

Even without blowing it up to 100% you can clearly see the improved ISO-Noise performance vs the E500.

But I'm curious - what lens and aperature did you shoot this with? (I'm guessing the Sigma 30mm at f4.0??)

shots200705_116.jpg

The noise characteristics on my E500 is the one thing that has been bugging me from day 1. Other than that I simply love it~!!

Great shots as always :thumbsup:

Even without blowing it up to 100% you can clearly see the improved ISO-Noise performance vs the E500.

But I'm curious - what lens and aperature did you shoot this with? (I'm guessing the Sigma 30mm at f4.0??)

shots200705_116.jpg

The noise characteristics on my E500 is the one thing that has been bugging me from day 1. Other than that I simply love it~!!

Nope, this was shot using the ZD50mm Macro lens.

Finally handled the E-510 as well, and I have to say that the IS is indeed impressive. Hope the durability of IS would be proven over time. This has been my biggest concern.

After handling both new cameras from Olympus, I have come to my little conclusions and opinions about the two new siblings to the Oly line of cameras.

About the E-410 :
Contrary to what is being marketed, I feel that the 410 is really the "Digital OM" of this era. Well built little bugger, and really feels solid in the hands. A very well built camera indeed. My biggest complaint is of course, as a E-1 user, the built in WB sensor, which cannot be compared to the E-1 at all. Shot after shot, the E-1 still produces very good images. But this is something that can be fixed in post.

Regardless of what the marketing people or reviewers has to say about 410, I would not recommend this camera to girls or novice in digital photography because it does not have the newbie friendly IS. (After handling the 510). You have to have basic knowledge in photography and am able to hold the camera well to shoot good pictures with this camera. Your left hand is more important now, as the right hand is kinda useless as the 410 does not provide the grip like the 510. Therefore this is a camera for the old school photographer. Someone who has been shooting with the right techniques and have developed a good and proper handling of SLR cameras. Left hand balancing the lens and camera body, the right hand left free to shoot. If you get your hold right, then this is the camera for you! It is a joy to shoot with this camera, except for the WB issue mentioned above.

About the E-510 :
I have to say that this is the most newbie friendly camera with professional functions. But like the 410, it also does not have an external WB sensor found on the E-1. But the handling of the camera is very forgiving. You have good grip on the body, thus making it easy for a novice who does not have the basics right for handling cameras. The kit lens is equally pleasing though I am already spoilt by the higher end lenses.

Everything that the competition offers in an entry level camera, the 510 also almost have it all, and surpasses many cameras in its price range. This makes me wonder how impressive the new Pro and Semipro camera bodies will pack. Really anticipating their release.

The IS really helps the novice when they are trying to learn their basics, but I keep wondering how robust is the IS engine. This will tell over time. But again, for a novice, I will highly recommend this camera. This is the modern Olympus DSLR as compared to the E-410 little brother.

That being the case....a novice like me ought to have waited for the E510 then? I am still experimenting with the E410, when I get the chance!:bsmilie:

That being the case....a novice like me ought to have waited for the E510 then? I am still experimenting with the E410, when I get the chance!:bsmilie:

Hutch can use the E-410 anyway... you are really, in a way, better off with the larger E-510. But in your case, size matters... so its time to buck up on your shooting! heehee...

About the E-410 :

uh oh... i think i better start picking up my skills, and fast! :bigeyes: (I am both female AND novice....:sweat: )

I am both female AND novice....:sweat:

Being female and/or a novice has nothing to do with taking good photos :sticktong

You just need the patience to learn from all your shots - the good ones and bad ones; read up on on techiniques and practice practice practice... and most importantly - have fun!

In time, you will grow into it and your photos WILL improve!

:)

Those who wants to know more... there is the kopi session in July... see you all there.

i know lah - just that coz i just bought my e410 (vs. e510) after months of contemplation mah. heehee. ;p

I hope there'll be more female users of DSLRs... then we'll have a substantial enough customer base to force the manufacturers to come up with lighter fast zoom lenses. Imagine the 50-200mm or 300mm lens weighing 500g or less... :thumbsup:

I hope there'll be more female users of DSLRs... then we'll have a substantial enough customer base to force the manufacturers to come up with lighter fast zoom lenses. Imagine the 50-200mm or 300mm lens weighing 500g or less... :thumbsup:

unfortunately, the brighter the lens, the heavier it is.. esp zooms..

Status
Not open for further replies.