Dynamic Photo HDR and 2 versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! This is my first post. Hope you don't mind this photo- my first try in HDR using Photomatix.

2146897754_d7464db7ed.jpg

Hi Nicled, nice try!
But i find it a bit cartoonish.

Btw for those of you who use HDR, how many images do u use?
So far i always try 0, +2, -2. Total 3 images.
Am i using too few images and too wide range?

And so far i think photomatix is just nice for me. The other software cant even load my RAW properly.
So I decided to use photomatix.
Do you guys buy the full software?
Possible to share the cost among us?
I want to use it permanent and dont want the watermarks.

Hello everyone! This is my first post. Hope you don't mind this photo- my first try in HDR using Photomatix.

2146897754_d7464db7ed.jpg

if you notice, the greens and yellows are too vibrant and saturated.

also the blue seems a tad too light for the sky. color balance will resolve this.

from what i can see though, haloing seems controlled. otherwise, reduce the strength of the hdr a bit - not even human eye can see such fine textures in the clouds at one go.

Hi Nicled, nice try!
But i find it a bit cartoonish.

Btw for those of you who use HDR, how many images do u use?
So far i always try 0, +2, -2. Total 3 images.
Am i using too few images and too wide range?

And so far i think photomatix is just nice for me. The other software cant even load my RAW properly.
So I decided to use photomatix.
Do you guys buy the full software?
Possible to share the cost among us?
I want to use it permanent and dont want the watermarks.
it depends on the scene - how bright the bright areas are, how dark the dark areas are.

for lazy people like me who don't like to think just shoot +3 +2 +1 0 -1 -2 -3, should be more than sufficient most of the time. anything with wider dynamic range is just a waste of time, you will just get an extremely dark looking picture if you want to keep it natural, else there will be massive haloing from experience.

yes i'll be using this software... but i think is very ex? only for 1 function like tat.
Can share the cost with others rite?
Can only install in 1 pc?

yes i'll be using this software... but i think is very ex? only for 1 function like tat.
Can share the cost with others rite?
Can only install in 1 pc?

Can only install on 1 pc according to their terms and conditions. But yeah, you could share the cost and then just tell each other the product key i guess, dunno how many times that will work though and neither do i advocate this.

Where can i get it (photomatix) ?? Pls :angel: some1 ???

Any1 know which shop sellin it :angel: ?? Pls dont tell me dat it can only be bought online,PLEASE :bheart:..

hdr.jpg

making the image look natural via hdr

i think still can lower the gamma a little, right now the shadows look too "light"

Status
Not open for further replies.