DVD sensetive while shut down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Is this normal damage?
I was reading a large file on a DVD with laptop, and mistakenly shutdown the laptop "while reading", after switch on laptop again, the file on DVD became corrupted and cannot be read again.

If the DVD a read only disc, it is mighty unusual.

Astin said:
Is this normal damage?
I was reading a large file on a DVD with laptop, and mistakenly shutdown the laptop "while reading", after switch on laptop again, the file on DVD became corrupted and cannot be read again.

Very unlikely that there will be any damaged to the DVD disc if you just power off a while "reading" any DVD disc. It might be that your DVD disc has some minor scratches.

Somehow dvd doesn't seem as stable as cd maybe due to the high vol space. After burning my pics on to dvd as backup, I notice sometimes I cannot transfer them to another computer, some error. After opening and closing a few times or reloading the dvd, i can. It's very odd. dvd convenient but jumpy..

itchy said:
Somehow dvd doesn't seem as stable as cd maybe due to the high vol space. After burning my pics on to dvd as backup, I notice sometimes I cannot transfer them to another computer, some error. After opening and closing a few times or reloading the dvd, i can. It's very odd. dvd convenient but jumpy..
What brand is the media u are using? And r u using DVDR or DVDRW?

using dvdr+. no brand one.

Status
Not open for further replies.