Dust and D90

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepanshus

May 26, 2009
Singapore
Is it possible for dust to accumulate on sensor if the lens is never changed?

The camera is stored with lens in the "V Bag" and then it is moved to the dry cabi. So that means the lens is not removed. does it mean that the dust will not be accumulated on the sensor.

Secondly, is it recommended? i mean keeping the lens on the body all the time or should the body be stored without lens?

D90 has an ultrasonic inbuilt mechanism for sensor dust shake-off. Is it recommended to use it often or at what intervals?

Is it possible for dust to accumulate on sensor if the lens is never changed?

Technically yes ... but in reality the chances are slim.

Secondly, is it recommended? i mean keeping the lens on the body all the time or should the body be stored without lens?

Why do you want to expose the sensor unnecessarily? In my past 6 years, I have never removed my lens when keeping in dry cabi and there are no problems so far.

D90 has an ultrasonic inbuilt mechanism for sensor dust shake-off. Is it recommended to use it often or at what intervals?

By default, the sensor is cleaned automatically during startup and shutdown, unless you have changed the setting. Usually the manufacturer's default settings are the most conservative. Since this is the default setting, I would think that it's relatively safe. :D

dust is everywhere, camera and lenses are not air tide, even don't dismount lens, which have less chances for dust issue, dust will land on sensor eventually.

learn to live with it, or else you only shoot in clean room or don't shoot digital at all.

if you have space in your bag and dry cabin, and only have one lens, why you need to dismount the lens?

dust off function are not 100% dust off, you can use it anytime you please anyway.

zoom lens tend to 'suck' air in when one rotates the lens..thus its only a matter of time when dust settles on the sensor...yup..live with it or learn how to manually clean it

Well if there are too much dust and your sensor cannot clean itself, then just sent to NSC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.