Dumped rabbits up for adoption; please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

giddygoat

Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

I have 2 albino rabbits up for adoption. Came across 2 kids dumping them at Bukit Batok Town Park earlier today. I brought them home but I cannot keep them as I am renting the place and cannot keep pets. And to make things worse, I never had a rabbit before so I'm not too sure on how to care for them. Can someone please help me out?
Both look to be in good health and good natured. I haven't checked if they are he or she yet
I called the HRSS but no one answered. I dropped them an email. I suppose it's hard for them to help much too since they are probably swamped.
If you're interested or know someone who is, please PM me ASAP. I am willing to pay for the spaying and health check if you need. Just give them a good home.
I'll post a pic tomorrow, they are fast asleep now and I dun wanna wake them.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!! :sweat:

I hate irresponsible pet owners.. :nono:

Good luck in finding new owners for them. :)

I hate irresponsible pet owners.. :nono:

Good luck in finding new owners for them. :)

Thanks! I think I'll need all the luck I can get. I blame the parents.....Lousy parents, lousy kids. It's a cycle.

Here's a link to the pic of them. Pardon the lousy quality. I snuck a quick shot cos didn't wanna wake them.

the page if the link doesn't work: http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5480/dscn7106nc9.jpg

Hi all,

I have 2 albino rabbits up for adoption. Came across 2 kids dumping them at Bukit Batok Town Park earlier today. I brought them home but I cannot keep them as I am renting the place and cannot keep pets. And to make things worse, I never had a rabbit before so I'm not too sure on how to care for them. Can someone please help me out?
Both look to be in good health and good natured. I haven't checked if they are he or she yet
I called the HRSS but no one answered. I dropped them an email. I suppose it's hard for them to help much too since they are probably swamped.
If you're interested or know someone who is, please PM me ASAP. I am willing to pay for the spaying and health check if you need. Just give them a good home.
I'll post a pic tomorrow, they are fast asleep now and I dun wanna wake them.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!! :sweat:

I don't think anyone spays rabbits...

Anyway, they are very easy to care for. You need to change the newspaper under them every day. Also, you need to feed them with rabbit feed, which you can buy from pet shops. If you wish to give them a treat, any edible greens or roots (like carrots) will do. You can also bring them to the park, and they will munch on the grass there.

Just don't let them walk on flat and hard surface. It kills their nerves.

Thanks! I think I'll need all the luck I can get. I blame the parents.....Lousy parents, lousy kids. It's a cycle.

Here's a link to the pic of them. Pardon the lousy quality. I snuck a quick shot cos didn't wanna wake them.

the page if the link doesn't work: http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5480/dscn7106nc9.jpg

Eh Kenneth,

friend of mine will help check out something for u. Apparently she said there's this charity organization that specifically helps rescue rabbits.....but she can't remember the name temporarily...

Meanwhile, will help u check with other people :)

DAMN, they are really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (all rabbits are cute..and people born in rabbit year even cuter :bsmilie: ..................................me)

Oh yes... there is an association that just do rabbits... let me ask my friend wat it is now... i've ever seen their website... all on rabbits for adoption, but i can't remember now...

how old are they? I have 2 bunnies at home. we use cat litter to absorb e urine n poo. pet shops got sell food pellets for rabbits. but dun feed them too much fresh veggies n fruits, cos e poo will quite soft n hard to clean up due to e liquid. N! no munching of grass outside wor. u will nv wat chemicals linger on the grass.

house rabbit society: http://www.hrss.net/

(did they reply u yet?)

yes... this is the place : http://www.hrss.net/

Help by making a donation with Paypal or sponsor a bunny at $30 a month...

I like rabbits quite a lot too... have been contempting to buy a silver fox or netherland dwarf... but i can't bring myself to do that as i cannot really be sure i have time for it... so meanwhile i make small donations to this Hse Of Rabbits & sponsor a bunny at $30 a month... I think it is more worthwhile than splurging $500-$600 to buy a pedigree rabbit like the silver fox, dwarf or lope ear that i like... :lovegrin:

Why nobody have something like this solution:
Rabbit sattay is delicious... :think: .

Regards,
Arto.

Regards,
Arto.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Alamak, who is cruel, dumping rabbit or eating rabbit :bsmilie: ?

Regards,
Arto.

lol...definitely not me...

i'm born in the year of Rabbit....so nono to devouring nice rabbits :cry:

then again....wait till chicken activists or pig activists comes out with such a situation:sweat:

Regards,
Arto.

i tried...but the rabbit too heavy, satay stick keeps breaking........:sweat:

thanks for all the suggestion. I looked at HRSS but judging from their website, I dun think the encourage us to drop the rabbits with them. But still waiting for a reply from them.

i tried...but the rabbit too heavy, satay stick keeps breaking........:sweat:

thanks for all the suggestion. I looked at HRSS but judging from their website, I dun think the encourage us to drop the rabbits with them. But still waiting for a reply from them.
You need to cut them smaller :bsmilie: .

Heh... I wonder how long Singaporean can survive in 'Survival Show' :think: .

Regards,
Arto.

Hi Giddygoat, it's really very kind of you to take in the rabbits. Spaying the rabbits is definitely a good idea. Give them hay and pellets, don't feed them with too much vegetables. BTW, never give them carrots as their primary diet, carrots are sort of "treats" for the rabbits. Don't foget to give them water.

I sincerely hope that you can find them a good home.

BC

:thumbsup: for bringing them back. These rabbits don't stand a chance out in the open. :(

You need to cut them smaller :bsmilie: .

Heh... I wonder how long Singaporean can survive in 'Survival Show' :think: .

Regards,
Arto.

depends....giddygoat is not a singaporean...and i USED not to be a singaporean...so in a sense...... we will survive :)

hehehe...

then again.......

kajang satay sedap bagus

lol...definitely not me...

i'm born in the year of Rabbit....so nono to devouring nice rabbits :cry:

then again....wait till chicken activists or pig activists comes out with such a situation:sweat:

I'm also a rabbit... but I've tried rabbit meat too... really delicious IMO...

Anyway, it's always a job to take care of animals. So please think carefully first before you go buy any or intend to keep any.

Status
Not open for further replies.