DSLT A35 & NEX-C3 Announced

Why Sony never add lens micro adjustment feature to the SLT firmware update? This will help resolve all the complaints that lens not sharp. It's not like it is difficult to implement. This will help win more customers and help close the gap to canikon.

No, it will not really help win more customers. 99.99% of the A33 and A55 target market does not even know what "lens micro adjust" means.

And it will not resolve the "lens not sharp" issues. People will still bring it to the service center, exactly the way they do so now.

Man..I'm SOOOO selling off my NEX5 and getting the NEX C3. Its smaller and looks more cool too.
I guess the euphoria will remain until the NEX C5 (which I suspect would also look as good) or the new Pentax Mirrorless cam is released. :)
A little pissed Sony did not invite me to a single launch and more so this one. Its like once you bought from them, you are no longer important and its the next better player...grrr...

No, it will not really help win more customers. 99.99% of the A33 and A55 target market does not even know what "lens micro adjust" means.

And it will not resolve the "lens not sharp" issues. People will still bring it to the service center, exactly the way they do so now.

I beg to differ. Layman dun understand. But market it as a pro feature. It will help win more customer. Who doesn't want more features? With the way, they help to explain defocus on nex, it should not be difficult to get the layman to learn. Also with such features, people will not be condemning something that can easily be resolved. It will also make servicing faster even if the consumer dun understand. It will be a quick turn around. Imagine satisfied customers praising Sony for their efficiency.

It will also make servicing faster even if the consumer dun understand. It will be a quick turn around. Imagine satisfied customers praising Sony for their efficiency.

Nope. Actual time at the service centre is SHORT. Most of the time is spent at SSC, in transit to the service centre, then back. Whether they spend 30 minutes physically tweaking the focus/using their fancy PC software to do a softeare calibration or manually dial in a focus micro-adjust will take about the same time.

If you are using flash to shoot the flowers and insects, I believe the flashlight might be blocked by the lens at such close focusing distance. Nevertheless, I'm eagerly waiting for its release :)

You can point your flash upwards and bounce it with a white card.

"lens micro adjust" ...SIMI LAI ???:confused:

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

You can point your flash upwards and bounce it with a white card.

Thanks....that's a great idea. Will try that the next time i went bug hunting :)

Any indication when Nex-C3 starts selling?

Any indication when Nex-C3 starts selling?

Based on the press releases, and all the previews all over the internet that you could have searched for yourself? august.

Guys

I am in Japan when I saw the launch of the Nex C3. Based on the Japan price, the direct conversion from yen is S$1299 which is the price of nex C5. In Japan, the nex C5 is around $1000 when I saw it. :bsmilie:

I wonder when it will officially launch in SG. Specs look very close to Nex 5 except more filters and lighter.