DSLR Users Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

destitonia

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
Hi fellow Nikonians,

I own a D100 and in order to see my photos on a laptop/PC, I've to take out my CF card and put it in a card reader or connect the DSLR to the computer via USB.

Just wondering if Nikon DSLR can actually allow you to see your shots immediately after you shoot and display it on your laptop/PC.

If so, pse teach me how to connect.

Many thanks. :embrass:

you can use a card reader if you are not shooting on RAW, just drag and drop.
you can also use the Nikon software to view either with or without the camera.

hav not tried, but believe u can connect ur camera to the laptop, using the software to view the picture as u shoot. (at least my canon allowed that, hav not tried on my D70)

I think what she meant is to shoot and see at the same time. Not using the card reader.

Does Nikon Capture Software allow this? :dunno:

Yes, if you have Nikon Capture installed, there's the Nikon Capture Camera Control utitlity that can let you shoot without a CF card inside the camera and download it directly to a folder for you to browse direct on a computer.

Wow, thanks all for the advise.

So Espn, can I also know how much does the software cost? Nikon Viewer ver. 6 does not have this function?

Say if I bought the software, we just connect the cam to the PC via USB? But its so short leh... :cry:

Yes, you need the Nikon Capture software, $165 I believe.

Yep, the length of the cable is limited, if you're looking at shooting and it appears directly on the laptop, there's only 1 camera that can do that now - D2H.

u can get a longer usb cable or a usb extesion cable

demo version avaible from nikon site

destitonia said:
Wow, thanks all for the advise.

So Espn, can I also know how much does the software cost? Nikon Viewer ver. 6 does not have this function?

Say if I bought the software, we just connect the cam to the PC via USB? But its so short leh... :cry:

Hiyee,

Just gave a call to James from Lord.... Nikon Capture 4 is going for $163.... but out of stock at most place. Need to wait and give a call whether the stock came in.... :dunno:

Rgds
Sunny

Just tried with PictureProject. Cannot shoot and see on laptop immediatly. While connected to the PC, LCD on camera display PC and I cannot shoot. Need to disconnect in order to shoot, than connect again to see.....

Looks like need to get Nikon capture liao.....mmmmmm....must call nikon monday to take....

Status
Not open for further replies.