DSLR market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess you made good points with your view, saying only thing you can get from those 2 charts is "I can see Pentax did better this year than last year", and raising some other issue to OP such as new stats from HOYA on 2010 sales. come on, 2010 has not ended yet.
you are good at such kind of skills.

Yes, I'm very good at looking at the filled half instead of the empty half ;)

So are they worried about whatever brand of laptop, TV, washing machine they are using too? Wow, life is so stress...:bsmilie:

i don't know, maybe because you cannot interchange the washing machine barrel, so you just spend X amount on washing machine..... :bsmilie:

let's just give a scenario where say, the worst case scenario happens..... so, big deal. i use my k20d until the shutter spoil.. if can change, change and use for easily a few more years... if by then still cannot, switch lor....

we all have to move on. sitting around and worrying and chanting "switch before it crashes" is meaningless to me. if you switch, and then the tables are turned and pentax becomes market leader, you will also feel really silly. so just stick to what you have - shoot, be happy. that's what a hobby is for, to relieve stress, not to add stress in your life.

Yes, I'm very good at looking at the filled half instead of the empty half ;)

whereas some people are very skilled at wasting their time trying to push the half empty glass over, for whatever reason. :bsmilie:

To TS, maybe you would want to post this in some investment forum or something. Putting it here is simply "tone-less". What does it got to do with taking nice pictures?:dunno:

I think you sound more like a investment banker than a photography-enthusiast to me man...

So what is next after this thread you started? Performance charts like MTF & vignetting on other brand's 35 & 50 primes against the FA35 & FA50 instead?

One sound advise for you "Quit trolling and lead a normal life, you only need to let people know your opinion once".

Let me find a rage-comic off reddit I've came through couple of days back tonight and I hope that would help you regain the right path.

:mad2:

so just stick to what you have - shoot, be happy. that's what a hobby is for, to relieve stress, not to add stress in your life.

Well said night86mare :thumbsup:

And don't forget another thing: "独乐乐,与人乐乐,孰乐?“ It's so much funner if you could share your hobbies and happiness w/ the others, be it your family, or friends :)

Last edited:
aiya, some people like photography, some like playing with cameras, other like speculating about cameras. no harm right?

I like to play camera and speculate a bit too...

aiya, some people like photography, some like playing with cameras, other like speculating about cameras. no harm right?

I like to play camera and speculate a bit too...

there is a difference between expressing an opinion, and trying to shove it down people's throats.

ts start with this: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=734880&page=5

when it didn't work, he tried to get attention here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735295

only one goat bleat at him, so he's back here, where he get most attention.. i still maintain, he will get the most attention by starting a blog like ricehigh.

Last edited:
Well speculating is fine and all.. but doing too much of it in photography is a bit counter-productive IMHO. This is an expensive hobby and the long-term viability of the company is a concern. But if Im too concerned with Pentax's future then I might as well go to other brands than lose some sleep at night.

we all have to move on. sitting around and worrying and chanting "switch before it crashes" is meaningless to me. if you switch, and then the tables are turned and pentax becomes market leader, you will also feel really silly. so just stick to what you have - shoot, be happy. that's what a hobby is for, to relieve stress, not to add stress in your life.
:thumbsup: Agree with you, man.
Pentax quote is to be interesting and i remember reading somewhere that the top guy of pentax was saying Pentax camera to be a Fun thing and let user Enjoy taking pictures.

To TS, maybe you would want to post this in some investment forum or something. Putting it here is simply "tone-less". What does it got to do with taking nice pictures?:dunno:

I think you sound more like a investment banker than a photography-enthusiast to me man...

Yah loh, why start another thread which there is no link with anything about equipment discussion, this should be at the General Discussion, Kopitiam section, ( no Investing nor market share section in Clubsnap)

Frankly, why is it so important to the TS that the market share of the particular brand that important. :dunno:
So if market share is so important than we should just buy Toyota not Kia, buy Intel not AMD, Support Microsoft not Mac OS blah blah blah etc....If that happens, I felt like i have no choices in life.

well there are too many points have be speculated out of my OP. never mind, not worth to reply.
as to your point, and as mentioned a bit by alanpotpot, maybe plus a another point of broader range of options, how a company performs in market tells.
eg, it is saying SONY is going to terminate its full frame line because of no profit, which may link to full frame lens product lines. anyway Pentax is not able to introduce its full frame any soon, if there is one.
But you'll see how profit affects a company strategy, then the end users. not mention less choice, less stock, less dealer, less service and so on. ok, not image quality related.
as to sayings like "stick to what you have", what's the purpose to make it interchangeable? and accessories? what if one link gone in your system, change whole system? stick to it with pain?
any way, one post or one question raised does not mean to be "so important", comparing to other threads here.

Frankly, why is it so important to the TS that the market share of the particular brand that important. :dunno:
So if market share is so important than we should just buy Toyota not Kia, buy Intel not AMD, Support Microsoft not Mac OS blah blah blah etc....If that happens, I felt like i have no choices in life.

are you sure?
would you admit you are wrong when you are?
hmm:)

Yeah, look at the second chart, Samsung is doing GREAT although they only have ONE interchangeable body! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.