DSLR Camera Bag

billy49

Aug 31, 2010
Hello

I would like to know where to buy DSLR Camera Bag?

hope to hear

Hello

hope to hear

Depend on what brand you want, some brands only a few shops have it. You can got to TK photo at Funan or K13 at Peninsula plaza to browse.

Hello

hope to hear

Almost every camera store out there has them, and they're all over funan. I suggest getting away from your laptop every now and then and actually going out to the shops.

If you are feeling hip and trendy, the ones at Crumpler are pretty good looking. And they've got nice names to boot. 1 Million Dollar House. 5 Million Dollar House. 7 Million Dollar House etc.:angel:

Though I do not own any of them, I do have the Crumpler's camera strap named Industry Disgrace. Soft and comfortable is my review but I suppose gng down to try out the bags yourself would be better yeah? Cheers! :)

Is it ok to place the camera in a backpack? I was thinking, if it rains halfway, at least I can put it inside to protect again the rain water. Otherwise, I would most likely to hold it or sling it right?

TK photo carries a decent range.

You can check out at the newly expanded Alan photo at Sim Lim Square Level 1 as well;)

Last edited:
Is it ok to place the camera in a backpack? I was thinking, if it rains halfway, at least I can put it inside to protect again the rain water. Otherwise, I would most likely to hold it or sling it right?

something a bit off in the question.

if you meant a camera bag that is in a backpack design, then no issues.
if it were a regular backpack, make sure it's either: a. empty and/or b. you pad the camera with a towel or something.

i don't mind a little drizzle, the camera can take it. just give it a good wipe down when you get indoors and put it in a drybox/drycabinet it when you store it at the end of that rainy day.

cheers!

If u like sling bag, u can go for crumpler, they have some camera bags with sling design, quite spacious and good. U can consider : )

Try T K Foto. They labelled the price on the bag itself and it is usually quite a good price...

you can ty tkphoto, try browsing of the bag, you can help yourself to try it on, they dont mind. people there are friendly.

Not trying to prove anything here, but just to share my personal experience in K13, i went there 2 times, first time ask for a bag model, that guy show me the bag, as i need to check price with other shop, i told him 'thanks, i will consider first.' His face changed giving me a 'waste of my time look'.

I went there again few months later to look for another bag, same guy again. this time i am looking for a backpack, saw the model is not what i see from the website, a bit heavy too, so i did not buy again. But i still say thanks to him for showing me the bag, what again, he ignore me and turn back and walk to his seats.

I tell myself i will never walk in K13 again.:thumbsd:

Last edited:
you can ty tkphoto, try browsing of the bag, you can help yourself to try it on, they dont mind. people there are friendly.

Not trying to prove anything here, but just to share my personal experience in K13, i went there 2 times, first time ask for a bag model, that guy show me the bag, as i need to check price with other shop, i told him 'thanks, i will consider first.' His face changed giving me a 'waste of my time look'.

I went there again few months later to look for another bag, same guy again. this time i am looking for a backpack, saw the model is not what i see from the website, a bit heavy too, so i did not buy again. But i still say thanks to him for showing me the bag, what again, he ignore me and turn back and walk to his seats.

I tell myself i will never walk in K13 again.:thumbsd:

fully agree, i got the same treatment too.:angry:

Hello

hope to hear

If you like 'lowepro', I recommend CP at Pennisular Plaza. I just bought a 'lowepro sling shot 202Aw from there this afternoon. CP carry quite a range of 'lowpro' bag. If I am not wrong, they are the distributor for the brand here. The model I bought is a latest model, and they carry the stock. Check out the lowepro's website to find out more for yourself to help you make the decision.

If you like 'lowepro', I recommend CP at Pennisular Plaza. I just bought a 'lowepro sling shot 202Aw from there this afternoon. CP carry quite a range of 'lowpro' bag. If I am not wrong, they are the distributor for the brand here. The model I bought is a latest model, and they carry the stock. Check out the lowepro's website to find out more for yourself to help you make the decision.

For lowepro, TK foto and SLR-R would probably be cheaper than CP

If you want, can use NTUC plastic bag. After all, the camera is not tofu, and reduced chance of being stolen.

But seriously, most forums have a Search function. Can try learning to use it first.

Any reputable camera shop carry camera bags.

Not sure what bag to get? Look around at what most photographers use to carry their gear around with.

hmm any bag will do. after all, you can still purchase padded inserts to protect your camera.

i'm a little more rough. i just dump everything into my timberland haversack without any inserts. but of course...i have some soft stuff in my bag to protect my gear.

but when i take stuff outta my bag or fish around inside for stuff people (especially photographers) look incredulously at me when i start pulling out random lenses.

i hv the unfortunate lesson of learning that a good bag is not something you can dispense with. luckily that lesson cost only a stein CP filter which set me back by $50. so imo, get a well padded bag, padded all round including the front cover. it's a world of diff.