DSLR and dust removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
helo,

just hope you guys with DSLR can share with me what methods you use to remove dust from the sensor .....

having big headache... so much dust... looks like the moon craters :(

heard that the swaps are like 10$ each ?!?!?

today sat... so can't call my the manufacturer... if I bring it back to them... do they provide free cleaning ? need to leave camera with them for how long ? I'm using a s2pro

rgs
rueyloon

use a sandblaster then no more worries ;p ;p ;p
aren't there some antistatic brushes? if they're soft enough for film strips shd be ok for ur ccd? then just use blower to blow the dusted bits away

Firstly, it's "swab" not "swap".

Secondly, I think it's a case of penny wise pound foolish if you're going to spend 4k on an S2 Pro, and skimp on $10 sensor swabs.

Third, I have no idea what Fuji's policy is, nor Nikon Singapore's for that matter. Over here, Nikon will do a clean for you for £25 I think, but then whenever your camera goes in for maintenance/repair they do a clean FOC anyway. Or if you can find your way to an event where Nikon have a presence, then they will do things like this as part of the service.

Hi Ruey. Owned a S2 for about 4 months now and never really had any problems with dust on CCD. Periodically i just use a blower and blow the sensor. That seems to do the trick for me. Maybe theres dust on my CCD i dont know. But nothing i can see with my naked eyes so not too worried about that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.