DSLR allowed at S-league matches?

wolvie77

Nov 15, 2009
I just got myself a Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 lens. Want to try sports photography at one of the S-league matches. Are DSLR allowed into the stadiums?

Why not call the stadium and ask them? From what I know, only some concerts do not allow ppl to bring cameras in.

Should be ok to bring in. Just that if you are shooting from the spectator stands, a 70-200 is not enough reach. If possible, try to get sideline access.

Should be ok to bring in. Just that if you are shooting from the spectator stands, a 70-200 is not enough reach. If possible, try to get sideline access.

I think sideline access will probably produce photos from a better angle as compared to shooting from the stands.

In my experience, best to practice on the various U-XX leagues before trying S-League in order to get to know the match rythm. These matches usually are held in either schools or stadiums and usually no one will bother as long look like you belong there.

If you dont mind cropping the image, 70-200mm is adequate. If its a daytime match, can use a 1.4x/2x TC to get even more reach at the sacrifice of some of the iq.

Can also shoot away matches especially in M`sia as usually they dont care whether you use pro gear or handphone camera. Its an opportunity if you want to try your hand at photographing the game at professional level.

From the stands of Shah Alam stadium. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151879303298166.1073741923.835728165&type=3

How to get accreditation is by looking through media sources that cover the S-League as there is a chance they might be looking for a sports photographer. It`d help if you have experience which is where photographing the other leagues will come in handy as you can use your best images for a portfolio to submit to the editor.

Last edited:
Having work with Sleague over the past year as the host broadcaster, I can safely say it's ok to bring any camera you want. Apperently it is less dangerous than a water bottle. You can't bring that

Having work with Sleague over the past year as the host broadcaster, I can safely say it's ok to bring any camera you want. Apperently it is less dangerous than a water bottle. You can't bring that

Wow! Thx. So i guess its safe then.

LOL! Well no one in his right mind would want to try throwing his 200-400 onto the field.. Hahaha