DSC-TX5 availability!

ablaze

May 2, 2004
hey guys, anybody has any idea when this'll be available here? last rumour I heard was end of this month. True? not true?

really looking forward to this drop/dust/cold/water-proof version of the TX7! :D

Not sure when it will be coming but my fren got it back from Japan for about S$700 if i remember correctly. The features seems cool so i am also waiting for some review.

It's selling in S'pore already.Since the March IT show(around there):)

It's selling in S'pore already.Since the March IT show(around there):)

Really? Any idea how much are they retailing now?

my girlfriend likes it -.- there goes my salary. but shock proof, temperature proof and waterproof! slim and stylish too. knowing how my girl hates to bring an umbrella out...it'll be great for her haha

Really? Any idea how much are they retailing now?
Is it? Sony showrooms don't have it. I called up Sony and they have no idea when it is coming too. That was at the end of March.

Edit: it's available now.

Last edited:
I saw it at the Electronic Fair@Suntec organised by Audio House last weekend. It was selling for $530 at the show.

I saw it at the Electronic Fair@Suntec organised by Audio House last weekend. It was selling for $530 at the show.

$530 is good price. Anybody have any idea anywhere selling at this price now? MS selling higher than this while some other places hv no stock yet.

The TX-7 uses the AVCHD encoding for its 1080i videos.

The TX-5 only captures at 720p. What encoding does it use? Not the AVCHD, I believe, or it would be advertised as such.

At the end of the day, is the TX-5 video bigger or smaller than the TX-7 video? (720p is inherently smaller, but the encoder is less efficient.)