DSC-F828: Copy pictures between der CF and der MemoryStick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

funky--boy

:dunno: Is it posible to directly copy pictures between der CF and der MemoryStick on the camera on the DSC-F828?

Read the manual
it says no

funky--boy said:
:dunno: Is it posible to directly copy pictures between der CF and der MemoryStick on the camera on the DSC-F828?

funky--boy said:

No such function explicitly, but I guess they could do it on the firmware upgrade.

funky--boy said:

You can try this way. Connect to PC with the cable came with it into USB 2.0_Than open CF card copy and switch your F828 TO MEM pro than paste it. Should work out. I have not try yet. :think:

But what is the behind reason you are doing that :think:

KCBox said:
You can try this way. Connect to PC with the cable came with it into USB 2.0_Than open CF card copy and switch your F828 TO MEM pro than paste it. Should work out. I have not try yet. :think:

Or get a Nixvue portable HDD, copy CF content to HDD, replace your CF with MS and copy the file back from HDD to MS. Confirm work! :D

KCBox said:

Rather, what's the point of you suggesting that? The idea is to transfer images between cards on the go, not at home.

Some digicams do allow you to copy images from one card to another. I think Minolta Z1 and A1 has that, right? You can save the image to the digicam buffer then insert another card to copy it. F828 should provide this feature, especially when they have 2 slots for 2 cards.

pianodancer said:
Rather, what's the point of you suggesting that? The idea is to transfer images between cards on the go, not at home.

Some digicams do allow you to copy images from one card to another. I think Minolta Z1 and A1 has that, right? You can save the image to the digicam buffer then insert another card to copy it. F828 should provide this feature, especially when they have 2 slots for 2 cards.

- Because I read that the f828 only can make movies in full resolution and speed on the Sony MS Pro and they are higher priced than CF with the same size. And my Image Tank (mobile HDD) also supports only CF.

funky--boy said:
- Because I read that the f828 only can make movies in full resolution and speed on the Sony MS Pro and they are higher priced than CF with the same size. And my Image Tank (mobile HDD) also supports only CF.

You can also do the full resolution video with a cheaper alternative - a Microdrive (around $270.00+ for 1GB). I tested that last week and the quality was great. A 1GB microdrive can store around 11+ minutes of 640x480 30fps video.

The best thing is that while taking video, you can still zoom and the cam will continue to autofocus. The downside is that in low light situation, if you zoom the autofocus will be slower compared to daylight outdoor video.

art2d2 said:
You can also do the full resolution video with a cheaper alternative - a Microdrive (around $270.00+ for 1GB). I tested that last week and the quality was great. A 1GB microdrive can store around 11+ minutes of 640x480 30fps video.

The best thing is that while taking video, you can still zoom and the cam will continue to autofocus. The downside is that in low light situation, if you zoom the autofocus will be slower compared to daylight outdoor video.

It's strange why Sony wants to restrict the high frame rate to only specific media. Does that mean MD transfer rate is always much faster than CF? Some MD performs slower than CF on some digicams, isn't it?

pianodancer said:
It's strange why Sony wants to restrict the high frame rate to only specific media. Does that mean MD transfer rate is always much faster than CF? Some MD performs slower than CF on some digicams, isn't it?

Probably MD can do constant reading and writing ? :dunno: Or they just wanna play safe becoz customers might use a very slow CF card and expect the same performance compared to MD and MS Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.