Drybox recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmwang

Apr 3, 2004
Air-Con country
I am going to buy a drybox. Need some suggestion about the brand and price, shop name and location, etc.

I am going to use it to store one set of Median Format camera with 3 lenses. Just got them from my friend, so need a drybox to protect them.

If possible, also want some room for my D70+Kit Lens.

Thanks in advance.

You can try Toyo Living in CP, but the price is high.

Digicabi :thumbsup:

hi.. newbie here too, I also looking for a dry cabi..
is there a diff type of cabi? got use electric and doesn't one?
looking thru forum and found that digihub got promo..
that 30L one uses electric? :think:

I was told by a friend that DSLR user shouldn't look for cabi with magnetic lock door type as might create interference to the body.. how true?? :think:

Basically DigiHub sells the Digi-Cabi brand of electronic dry cabinet. Those that do not use electricity we normally call it DryBox in general and they use silicon gel to absorb the moisture.

Make sure you get one that allows you to slide out the partitions. Check out AM-PRO range at a shop in Suntec before Carrefour. Can also be found at some Photofinish branches.

Might also want to buy those non-slip rubber mats from DIY shops to line the top of your Dry Box so that you can put your stuff on top without scratching the finish.

theITguy said:
Basically DigiHub sells the Digi-Cabi brand of electronic dry cabinet. Those that do not use electricity we normally call it DryBox in general and they use silicon gel to absorb the moisture.

Still blur :confused: paiseh... izzit that those digi-cabi uses electricity by means plugging on power to draw moisture out? so this type need not use silicon gel lah? those analogue meter type, can i say are those silicon gel drying type? :think:

Any promotion of Am-pro, Digi-Cabi or Toyo Living? Which shop is the cheapest, respectively? Thanks.

RockPopCorns said:
Still blur :confused: paiseh... izzit that those digi-cabi uses electricity by means plugging on power to draw moisture out? so this type need not use silicon gel lah? those analogue meter type, can i say are those silicon gel drying type? :think:

Hi, electronic dry cabinet plugs into power socket to draw/dehumidify the moisture and they do not use silicon gel. These electronic type can have either the analog or digital meter to read the humidity level so you will have to choose which models carry which type. Those using silicon gel are basically using an air-tight box. You can buy and put in either an analog or digital meter to read the humidity level.

theITguy said:
Hi, electronic dry cabinet plugs into power socket to draw/dehumidify the moisture and they do not use silicon gel. These electronic type can have either the analog or digital meter to read the humidity level so you will have to choose which models carry which type. Those using silicon gel are basically using an air-tight box. You can buy and put in either an analog or digital meter to read the humidity level.

Oh :bigeyes: so ka... thanks man! :thumbsup:

Got the quote of Digi-Cab to share

1. AD-040 S$146
2. AD-060 S$192
3. DB-036 30L S$109
4. DB-026 20L S$94
5. LE-70 LD S$180
6. AD-80 S$250

All prices quoted include GST and local delivery.
All cabinet with 5 years warranty and 1 year on LCD panel.
Payment will be based on cash upon delivery.

I got the LE-70, it is actually 60L capacity. Got the sliding tray, and pretty consistent in the humidity level so far (47-50%)

hmmmm...price different not much..
get 1 x LE-70 LD..
or 2 x i-cabi DB-036 30L.. :think: :sweat:

One LE-70 LD. Just got my AD-60 at Carrefour at $167. Cheaper than the one selling at Digi Photo ($178). Save you $10 taxi fee if you are not going to use the 'free delivery of $200 onward' provided by Carrefour.

RockPopCorns said:
I was told by a friend that DSLR user shouldn't look for cabi with magnetic lock door type as might create interference to the body.. how true?? :think:

No really... Unless you're talking about the Image Stabalisation Gyro's which need a much stronger magnetic force to affect.
I think it's more of an issue with magnetic media if you accidentally brush them against the strip while removing or storing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.