Dry Cabinet or Dry Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

binghong

Jan 8, 2010
Dear all, being new to DSLR.. i am hoping to get a drycabinet or dry box before i get my hands on Pentax K-X... I would like to clarify wad exactly is different btw the cabinet and box? And what is the average price of both and where to get them best? Please advise. Thanks

Dear all, being new to DSLR.. i am hoping to get a drycabinet or dry box before i get my hands on Pentax K-X... I would like to clarify wad exactly is different btw the cabinet and box? And what is the average price of both and where to get them best? Please advise. Thanks

Please browse and search the forum. The questions is discussed several times per week. Since there are several models and sizes of dry cabinets the average price across all of them wouldn't help much.
One pointer for a start: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481380

Dry cabinet for a piece of mind and larger capacity man..

The dry cabinet uses electricity to run and most probably will stay in your home if you have one. The humidity level can be adjusted accordingly to your preference and you just need to adjust it once and it will stay at that humidity level. The cheapest dry cabinet will cost around 100 dollars. I am currently using one by digi-cabi and bought it from MS Color.

I have never used a dry box before and I believe you need to put in silica gel and replace them regularly to ensure that the humidity within your box is at the optimum level.

Status
Not open for further replies.