dry cabinet humidity

What humidity level do you set?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhduh83

Feb 2, 2006
just wanna know which level u guys set ur cabinet to

That really depends on what you keep inside it. No fixed model answer for this.

I need a wet cabinet down here, the RH% is like 20 now :sweat:

wa ur RH can go to 20%??? i turn the knob to max and now its only 52% !!!

duhduh83 said:
wa ur RH can go to 20%??? i turn the knob to max and now its only 52% !!!

maybe he is in those countries with 4 season...

hahaha..... ya thats probably true..... anyway in other countries i doubt the humidity levels would be above 50% anyhow.... even without a dry box.....

I'm in australia, well RH fluctuate greatly throughout the day. Still had a dry box though. ;)

to ensure that those wicked little mushrooms will not grow on your lense you will have to achieve a RH < 50%

Even with setting set high my RH is 40%.

Hobbesyeo said:
Hmm... what about putting some silicon gel inside as well? :think:

Hobbesyeo I'm trying to get the RH between 50-45%. Can't seem to do that. If the RH too low I'm afraid it with damage the lubricant in the lens.

smtan24 said:
Hobbesyeo I'm trying to get the RH between 50-45%. Can't seem to do that. If the RH too low I'm afraid it with damage the lubricant in the lens.

ok, I tho you were trying to get it lower. I assume you are using the Digicab brand?

I don't have the instructional manual with me now but IIRC, the dial should be turned to the left to increase the cabi's internal humidity. Turning the dial right decreases the humidity inside the cabi.

Hobbesyeo said:
ok, I tho you were trying to get it lower. I assume you are using the Digicab brand?

I don't have the instructional manual with me now but IIRC, the dial should be turned to the left to increase the cabi's internal humidity. Turning the dial right decreases the humidity inside the cabi.

The dial is turn fully left and RH is 40% after one night. Can't get it above 40%.

smtan24 said:
The dial is turn fully left and RH is 40% after one night. Can't get it above 40%.

wah say... your cabi is damn powerful. :sweat:

Maybe you should give digicab a call and find out if there's anything wrong. IMO, its either the drying unit's broken, or your gauge is broken.

Good luck! :cool:

This is new. Didn't know that there is a <20% mold. I always tot too dry is bad for the lubrication and the lens coatings.

40 -50% seems fine for me.

r52lanc said:
Too low, no good also......... <20% can grow mold.

I read in my instruction manual that mould only grows at RH>60%.... not sure how true though....

seems like majority of us put to 40%-50% was just wondering whether maxing the knob to low humidity would shorten the lifespan of the cabinet??? :dunno:

so sometimes its gd to bring out the equipment and exercise abit even though you do not use it

duhduh83 said:
seems like majority of us put to 40%-50% was just wondering whether maxing the knob to low humidity would shorten the lifespan of the cabinet??? :dunno:

May not really shorten the lifespan that much, but it may cause your rubber seals to dry out....

Status
Not open for further replies.