Dry cabinet humidity issue?

chibipasta

Aug 3, 2017
Heng
Need some advice as I'm still new to owning a dry cabinet:
I followed the manual that says to set it at 'H' for 45% - 55% (samurai brand), but for the last 2 weeks it has been dropping constantly and yesterday it was at 38%. I do turn on the air conditioning at night. Would this affect?
Just wondering if it is a technical fault on the machine or an ambient temperature related issue?

Just for the sake of thoroughness set it higher and see what happens after 24hrs. If it's the same send it back where it came from.:)

Hmm but it is already set at 'H', which is the highest setting possible as stated on the manual

Need some advice as I'm still new to owning a dry cabinet:
I followed the manual that says to set it at 'H' for 45% - 55% (samurai brand), but for the last 2 weeks it has been dropping constantly and yesterday it was at 38%. I do turn on the air conditioning at night. Would this affect?
Just wondering if it is a technical fault on the machine or an ambient temperature related issue?

Oops! My cockeye...38% is actually dryier (less humid) than 45%-55%.Too dry is also not good, eg. paper will crack or be brittle.Our Sg. humidity indoors according to my external hygrometer is between 72% -81% (wet rainy day) so your dry cab is working. Increase the humidity to recommended reading.Meaning dial down the knob a bit!:;p

Turn the dial LOWER to raise to 45-50%. Keeping the dial at H will keep lowering the humidity.

You should have high, medium, and low settings for analogue, I think.

If yes, choose medium, and let it settle for about 4 hours. Take the reading, then open the door for a minute, then close.

The numbers should change, but after 4 hours it should return to the same reading you had earlier.

Alternatively use a digital hygrometer to check the humidity. First place the meter on the top shelf for a few hours and record the humidity. Then repeat for the bottom shelf. Either method will indicate whether the element is off, or the meter reading is off.

Use the salt test to ensure your digital hygrometer is accurate. Oh yes, make sure you have at least 4-6 inches of space between the back element and the wall.

I agree with Bluesubm6.

Use an additional hygrometer