dry cabinet dos & don'ts - from the horse's mouth

Hi guys, im just wondering how long would it take for a new digi cabinet to drop to a 40%-50% RH? I just received mine and its at 67%.

Hi guys, im just wondering how long would it take for a new digi cabinet to drop to a 40%-50% RH? I just received mine and its at 67%.

not sure if its standard... but mine took 2 days... :(

ok its a 53% already. like abit too fast leh. haha. im not very sure.

Hi I am a bit confused. Normal air conditioned room setting of room temp of 22 to 24 C has an average humidity of around 60% RH. Worse when the centre air con switch off after the building close for the day. I wonder what happen to those store selling cameras, lens, etc do when the air con is switched off. I am sure they do not have enough dry cabinet to store all and also the time to do that daily.

I think as long as RH do not goes beyond 60% and of course it is not direct sunlight or too hot, it should be OK. Dry cabinet of course is another level of protection. Any views?

no idea.. is it unused kit can keep longer? before it reaches the retailers, what about the factory and shipment? haha

and since it takes time for fungi to grow, it may be that the clear stock before fungi grow lor..