Dry Cabi or Dry Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ar but when you all put you lens into the dry cabinet do you all remove the lens cover?

I dun think it matters. But i heard from people who will remove lens / rear lens caps to get *better* drying..

The only problem i foresee is sometimes i have to reach backwards to grab a lens and i accidentally touch the glass :confused:

Ryan

damn i went to carrefour 4 times intotal looking for the dry cabi (30L) ... but they always don't have stock... any idea when are they coming in?

I bought a 30L(DB-36) yesterday.
But where should I turn the himidity setting to?

Dry Cabi is great :thumbsup:

I bought a 30L(DB-36) yesterday.
But where should I turn the himidity setting to?

Put the knob to 10 o'clock and turn on for abt 6~10hrs b4 you put your stuff in. If you put in paper or cardboard, the RH will drop very slow bcos a lot of moisture in them. Once, the RH reach 50% +/-, turn the knob to abt 9 o'clock. Recommended range for lens and camera is 45%~55%.

may i be excused to borrow your thread..

hi guys,

i was wondering if i need a dry cabi for my camera, which is just a prosumer(6500FD)?
i guess there wouldnt be much stuff to be put in except for the camera itself and some filters and perhaps the batteries..

if so, during the sitex, is there a specific booth(name) that i can look for if i were to purchase a digi cab?

thanks so much for the help.. :)

Prefer digital..
As it shows the exact RH on the LCD.
Though it needs battery to operate.

Just a personal preference. :D

wa siao ... i walked like 5 rounds the sitex and cannot even see one shop selling a digi cabi ...

wa siao ... i walked like 5 rounds the sitex and cannot even see one shop selling a digi cabi ...
I just went down to Digihub office 2 days ago to have my damaged dehumidifying unit changed due to a power surge from lightning strike. There u can see all sizes lah. Spare parts are also everywhere. Prices are controlled. :)

Can always try John 3:16, I checked out a 95L one for 200+.

A dry cabi is the way to go! low on cash get dry box with loads of selica gel

been to carrefour 4 times ... but they don't have stock for 30 L ... i want a 30L one ... bigger would be too big for me

been to carrefour 4 times ... but they don't have stock for 30 L ... i want a 30L one ... bigger would be too big for me

Other camera shops also selling the 30L capacity ones. If you are going to suntec carrefour, maybe you can try TK which is just across the overhead-bridge :)

may i be excused to borrow your thread..

hi guys,

i was wondering if i need a dry cabi for my camera, which is just a prosumer(6500FD)?
i guess there wouldnt be much stuff to be put in except for the camera itself and some filters and perhaps the batteries..

if so, during the sitex, is there a specific booth(name) that i can look for if i were to purchase a digi cab?

thanks so much for the help.. :)

Dun think SITEX got sell bah.

Maybe can go to the regular shops recommended by CSer :D

Toyo Living is one of the best.
Made in Japan. Costly.
No longer carried by Cathay Photo.

Now they have Akarui.
I think made in China.
Looks worse than Toyo Living.

Well I guess they make more selling the Akarui or Toyo Living requires them to commit to sell too large a target number. So they gave it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.