Dry box

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianzi

Mar 18, 2004
Hi all, anybody know which is a good brand for a dry box. I dont want a dry cabinet as it takes up space in my room. I have a sony 300a and one 16-80mm Carl zeiss lens, 50-1.4mm lens and the standard kit lens 18-70mm..

trust me, a dry box can never do a dry cabinet job. Its not constant and u got to periodically replenish those silica gels. And it can gets too dry if you put too much silica gels or its useless when u put too little silica gel.

if u want fungus as a result that you want to save space, then you are very wrong. :)

weight the pros and cons.

dun be lazy, i am sure somethings in your room can be discarded or rearranged to make way for a dry cabinet.

Last edited:
Hi all, anybody know which is a good brand for a dry box. I dont want a dry cabinet as it takes up space in my room. I have a sony 300a and one 16-80mm Carl zeiss lens, 50-1.4mm lens and the standard kit lens 18-70mm..

Have you tried the search function? There are plenty of such discussions and in between you'll find some answers. But apart from model please keep in mind that a dry box needs closer attention for humidity level, replacing Silica Gel etc. I have also seen images of dry boxes with electrical dehumidifier unit. On the other hand: a dry cabinet gives a peace of mind and works nice as all-in-one storage place for all camera equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.