dry box versu dry cabinet?

As a newbie, please take some time to read the STICKIES we have here in the newbies corner:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771068

FYI, we also have a "Search" function, where you could have read the many identical threads already asked and posted. Also, it is a part of the ClubSnap terms of use that you search before you post.

It would also be helpful to share your thoughts or your current situation in which the question comes up. Throwing such fragments to other people is quite impolite.
"Better" is never an absolute answer, it always needs a reference. Better for what?

ok here currently i am using a dry box and my concern :
1. how long do i need to change out the silicone
2. how much moisture does it retain inside the dry box as compare to dry cabinet?

Last edited:
If your dry box has a RH meter, replace the desiccant when the meter is above 50%. The problem is that you will need to replace the desiccant every now and then, especially when you open and close the box frequently.

Dry cabinet has an electronic dehumidifier that works on electricity, the humidity inside is controlled and regulated at a set point. Typically from 30-40% RH.

That's the difference between a dry box & dry cabinet.

ok here currently i am using a dry box and my concern :
1. how long do i need to change out the silicone
2. how much moisture does it retain inside the dry box as compare to dry cabinet?

#1, when the blue silicone turn pink.
#2, there is not much control, too much silicon you just mummified your camera, too little silicon is pretty useless.

in short, for convenient, better protection, long term saving and gears investment, JUST GET a DRY CABINET.

and btw, there are many sticky threads in Newbies Corner written by many helpful members, senior members and moderators, please help yourself with the information..

Thank you.