Dry box temperature and humidity level

oscarsean

Jul 21, 2008
Hougang
Hi all,

My dry box humidity level and temperatures changes thru the day. For example morning will be like 47% then afternoon 48% then evening 47% then now night 48%. Is this normal?

Thanks

Yes. It doesn't really matter. Unless perhaps you notice a constant trend in one direction or the other.

same to me too but doesnt matter.

In contrast to popular belief and complaints - the temperature does change during the day :)

now the RH has drop to 39%

i'm using a Digi-cabi dry cabinet, how to know which colour zone to turn the knob to? Green, blue or red zone? the instruction manual never clearly specify what colour means what level

Turning clockwise towards the 'Red zone' lowers the RH; likewise, turning towards the 'Green zone' raises the RH.

The RH (& temp) do fluctuate slightly (adjusting to the environment) even if you do not open the cabinet often.

From my experience, RH of between 45-55 is ideal for photographic lenses; especially so if your lenses are those with in-built AF motor.

thanks yyD70S for the info, currently i turn the knob as what you said to the 'green zone' to raise the RH as now it's 40%. However, after an hour or so there doesn't seem to have any difference in the reading.

decided to off and on my dry cabinet, now the fan logo is not moving anymore, only the temperature is moving

is it something wrong?