Dry box or Lock N Lock container?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd you get your hygrometer from?

i bought it from HomeFix. It's around the car accessories area. only the larger homefixs would have them though. Try Marina Square. I personally got mine from Tanglin Mall

I have a dry cabinet at home and a lock and lock container in the office.

Both are ok, just that there are days my camera have to be in the office, hence the lock and lock. i think mine is 14L with wheels with tons of silica.

I have a dry cabinet at home and a lock and lock container in the office.

Both are ok, just that there are days my camera have to be in the office, hence the lock and lock. i think mine is 14L with wheels with tons of silica.

waaaah, where did you find a 14L lock n lock?

Good idea. When i get my dry cabi, i'll put my lock n lock in the office, or even my car, so it doesn't go to waste.

But seriously, all this humidity thing has gotten me rather paranoid. I even get nervous if my camera is sitting idly out of its dry box, as if it's going to spoil if it leave it in the open for even an hour.

does this paranoid thinking happen to anyone else?

i bought it from HomeFix. It's around the car accessories area. only the larger homefixs would have them though. Try Marina Square. I personally got mine from Tanglin Mall

Is your hygrometer battery operated or need to be connected to the power point? I went to HomeFix IMM & Causeway Point but what i saw the digital ones that must be connected to the power point. Which is yours & how much did you pay for it? :)

Is your hygrometer battery operated or need to be connected to the power point? I went to HomeFix IMM & Causeway Point but what i saw the digital ones that must be connected to the power point. Which is yours & how much did you pay for it? :)

He forked out $25 for it iirc. :)

waaaah, where did you find a 14L lock n lock?

Good idea. When i get my dry cabi, i'll put my lock n lock in the office, or even my car, so it doesn't go to waste.

But seriously, all this humidity thing has gotten me rather paranoid. I even get nervous if my camera is sitting idly out of its dry box, as if it's going to spoil if it leave it in the open for even an hour.

does this paranoid thinking happen to anyone else?

honestly.. i forgot... i think from OG Orchard Point.

and i think its more that 14 litre. because not only my SLR goes in there. but also my projector.

it has wheels and a date indicator....

having discussed a lot on dry box or cabinet. who can recommend where to buy dry cabinet and hygrometer? how much is the cost for both? thanks a lot.

He forked out $25 for it iirc. :)

Yep, mine is battery operated and costs $25 (thereabouts). I saw analog ones that look pretty retro and costs about $10.

just get a small dry cabinet, size is just like a microwave oven, you can put on top of the table, or under the table, use it as a bedside table, use it as phone table, put anyway in the living room, bed room, space is not really and issue for a small size dry cabinet.

if you get later, don't forget you will spend more in the end and still need to dispose the "dry box and whatever things".

Don't cry when fungus grows on your equipment. I recommend a dry cabinet for peace of mind.

just get a small dry cabinet, size is just like a microwave oven, you can put on top of the table, or under the table, use it as a bedside table, use it as phone table, put anyway in the living room, bed room, space is not really and issue for a small size dry cabinet.

if you get later, don't forget you will spend more in the end and still need to dispose the "dry box and whatever things".

Haa, one bro gave a good suggestion which was to keep the dry box in the office once I get a dry cabi. Won't be wasted one la.

and erm.. got which dry cabinet is the size of a microwave oven?

Just buy the plain battery operating hygrometer; they cost between $22 - $32.

The AC powered ones are for environment monitoring with plotter.

Well, I have used a 20L 'tupperware' type of digi box, with a in-built hygrometer. In air the HR is ~65-75. After each opening of the box, I'll pour a table spoon of silica gel into it, and RH will drop to 45-55 in a few hours and stabilises there. After many many spoon fuls of silicagel, I'll heat the gel on a unwanted pan/metal tin container, and re-use silica gel.

Cost of 20L 'tupperware' type box -~$20
Silica gel ~$4

This is useful if one is hardworking to do it, and space is really limited and/or if one wants to store a few pieces of glass at work or in school or something.

Else for serious photographers, a dedicated large digicabi dry cabinet is usually recommended.

cheers to fungal free glass!
Jon from RDP

Status
Not open for further replies.