Dry box getting humid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_73

Aug 2, 2005
Hi all,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right area but here goes anyway.

My Value dry cabinet's hygrometer has recently been indicating more BLUE(Humid) than RED (Dry) but everytime I open the door and lock it again, it returns back to the RED. Is it the seal on the door or the drying unit at the back of the cabinet?

I bought this cabinet from Tangs more than 5 years ago and have never this problem until recently, after moving house and switching the cabinet on again! Anyone with similar experiences? What did you do to correct the situation?

Any info/suggestions welcome, thanks!

andrew

I may have something to do with the sensor. Is yours a analog one or a digital one? Mine was like that when I knock the sensor pretty hard once. Had to get it replaced.

I'm guessing it's analog since there aren't any displays on it! Perhaps it was knocked during the move, like you mentioned. Darn! Forking out extra cash again! Is yours a 'Value' too?

THanks!

Actually you can get a reasonable from CP. Got mine for $88 bucks. I mean its been 5 years. My warranty is 5years .

5 years is a long time, the drying unit is probably at the end of the road already..

True true...perhaps can lower it with other purchases, eh?

Thanks guys!

cheers!

cAn get one for a reasonable price. Won't burn hole in pocket. Worst case, back to old school silicon.

yanyewkay said:
5 years is a long time, the drying unit is probably at the end of the road already..

I think the drying unit can last longer than that. I made mine more than 8 yrs ago and its still running at 40+%

Status
Not open for further replies.