Double billing by teleco, when you change plans

redstone

I had been using normal hp plan til mid nov this year.

On 11 Nov, I signed up for 3G plan. On the 17 Nov, I went to get my new sim card.

On the 18th Nov, I got a bill for my "normal" plan for 12 Nov - 11 Dec, total $100.

Few days ago, I got a bill again, this time for my 3G plan 2 months billed together:

17 nov - 12 dec $45 and 12 dec to 11 jan $50 dollars.

For nov, I was billed for the normal and the 3g plan. I didn't change number. What the hell?
Anyone got similar issue, or know what is going on?

So basically on month of nov, i was using my 2g line for only few days, before i switched to 3g. But I got billed for both 2g and 3g accounts for nov. It's the same number btw. I didn't switch numbers.

Singapore company desperate for money.
This is not new.
In spite of all the claims of booming. Daily witness desperate attempts to claw at money.

I had been using normal hp plan til mid nov this year.

On 11 Nov, I signed up for 3G plan. On the 17 Nov, I went to get my new sim card.

On the 18th Nov, I got a bill for my "normal" plan for 12 Nov - 11 Dec, total $100.

Few days ago, I got a bill again, this time for my 3G plan 2 months billed together:

17 nov - 12 dec $45 and 12 dec to 11 jan $50 dollars.

For nov, I was billed for the normal and the 3g plan. I didn't change number. What the hell?

once u wrote this, I knew it must be from starhub, happened to me when i upgraded my iphone. billed for 2 different plans, called starhub the first month (they didnt even know I had changed plans!! ) 2nd month bill same thing, called and complain, third month again! Made such a big fuss, 3 different staff called me to apologise, now back to normal.. haha..

Starhub as usual. Not first time encountering problems with them. Seems many times they never update the bill. I ended up "owing" even tho I've paid before the deadline

Damn, not again! My colleague has similar experience, he cancelled his star hub broadband 3 months ago, but last month received the bill?! :angry:
He called to check and was told his account was inactive!!! What the heck? :thumbsd:

I encountered this same issue when i changed to iphone plan a few months back. Escalated to billing team but they are completely useless... until now still cannot resolved.. :thumbsd: SH :thumbsd:

this may have a reason
statistically the telco may realise that in spite of such billing errors, maybe only 5% of the people wrongly billed object and continue to object for months....

the rest .... just pay....

so if you are the telco, what will you do?

it means potentially Millions of extra $$$$$

I, too, had billing problems with Suckhub. In the most recent case, I was charged $300 for early termination although I qualified to upgrade without any penalty. On top of that they charged me for caller id and autoroam when it's suppose to be free - I upgraded to iPhone with data plan.

The last two bills showed these errors. I made noise and told them that I won't pay until I see that all these wrong charges are reversed in the bill. So far, I've not paid for the last two bills. I also told them that they had better not "do anything" to my line pending payment.

not sure if starhub follows the same billing system, but for singtel, they always double bill and then off balance it to the next following bill.