Dog grooming recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
hello all,

need some help here,my beloved cocker spaniel recently got quite a lot of fleas,i bought the frontline medication to apply on his neck yesterday,but the fleas still there.. :(
hence,i decided to get his fur shaved to get rid of the problem,any good and cheap groomer in the east side ??

cheers !

kex said:
hello all,

need some help here,my beloved cocker spaniel recently got quite a lot of fleas,i bought the frontline medication to apply on his neck yesterday,but the fleas still there.. :(
hence,i decided to get his fur shaved to get rid of the problem,any good and cheap groomer in the east side ??

cheers !
the fleas will die abt 24-48 hrs after they suck the dog's blood if u apply frontline. Since u juz applied ytd, why not u see if it takes effect? If it's not that many, can pull out the fleas.

Jean said:
the fleas will die abt 24-48 hrs after they suck the dog's blood if u apply frontline. Since u juz applied ytd, why not u see if it takes effect? If it's not that many, can pull out the fleas.

:bigeyes: u mean i juz poisoned my dog with frontline ???never know frontline work this way.. :eek: will it have any side effect on my dog ??

Well, I used to get rid off them manually... ya, with my hands and help from my brothers. Like chinese saying : cut the grass, dig the root :)

Dont worry. Frontline is by far the best anti ticks treatment for dogs in my opinion.

I quote from their website..

"Fipronil, the active ingredient in all FRONTLINE Brand Products, is stored under your pet's skin in their oil glands. Because of this, FRONTLINE doesn't rinse off, even with repeated bathing. In fact, FRONTLINE doesn't stop working for an entire month or more, giving your dog or cat superior protection from fleas and ticks"

You are DEFINITELY not poisoning unless you feed him orally..which I HOPE you didnt. Applying on the back of the neck ensures that the dog cant reach and lick the medication.

No worries.. Hope you manage to get rid of the fleas and ticks.

laugh said:
Dont worry. Frontline is by far the best anti ticks treatment for dogs in my opinion.

I quote from their website..

"Fipronil, the active ingredient in all FRONTLINE Brand Products, is stored under your pet's skin in their oil glands. Because of this, FRONTLINE doesn't rinse off, even with repeated bathing. In fact, FRONTLINE doesn't stop working for an entire month or more, giving your dog or cat superior protection from fleas and ticks"

You are DEFINITELY not poisoning unless you feed him orally..which I HOPE you didnt. Applying on the back of the neck ensures that the dog cant reach and lick the medication.

No worries.. Hope you manage to get rid of the fleas and ticks.

wah..heng ar.. :p

my dog ears have the most fleas..some very big,almost the size of a 5ct coin.. :sweat:
Is frontline effective for fleas hiding in the ears ??

kindly advise..
thanks !!!

kex said:
wah..heng ar.. :p

my dog ears have the most fleas..some very big,almost the size of a 5ct coin.. :sweat:
Is frontline effective for fleas hiding in the ears ??

kindly advise..
thanks !!!

it should be effective, sice ears oso got blood circulating there.

Some say that garlic repel ticks also. Maybe after this episode, you can feed your dog fresh garlic regularly, 1 clove every 2-3 days or so, depending on the size of your dog. Works pretty well for mine so far.

Jean said:
it should be effective, sice ears oso got blood circulating there.

Some say that garlic repel ticks also. Maybe after this episode, you can feed your dog fresh garlic regularly, 1 clove every 2-3 days or so, depending on the size of your dog. Works pretty well for mine so far.

eh..raw garlic or cooked one ??
thanks for all ur advices ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.