Does this photo work? [Paris]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzuen

Jul 29, 2004
I took this picture in Paris and really liked it at the point of taking the photo. But looking at the result on the screen, I am not sure. I won't say too much so I won't influence your comments. Does it work for you?

reflectedarc.jpg

at first look it looks ordinary but then my eyes wander to the reflection on the glass panel. so the pic did turn out to be more interesting for the details. i think what you could have done here is to vary the angle after taking the initial shot.

I did try a few angles, but this is the only option where you get a good reflection.

there's too many elements/objects around, takes me a while to really read into the reflection (maybe i am slow :what: ... oh well) but i can't seem to comprehend the reflection, neither the composition ... too many things going on with none dominating, the parts don't add to a whole ... that's what i feel about it personally. :dunno:

I think the idea is there but it is a bit too crowded for me.

Tzuen said:
I did try a few angles, but this is the only option where you get a good reflection.

next time use polarizer to enhance.......

it makes me feel dizzy.

knoxknocks said:
wonder if you underexpose the background a bit - maybe the notre dame will stand out more as a leading line to the pic?
That's the Arc D'Triomphe, if I'm not mistaken. Definitely not Notre Dame.

Hmmm... didn't see the reflection at first. Perhaps a tighter crop would have helped? The upper part of the glass dome and the buildings in the background distract from the main elements in the photo.

I can appreciate why you were attracted to the scene... I like it.

I hope you don't mind my try at cropping your photo...

reflectedarc.jpg

Tzuen said:
I took this picture in Paris and really liked it at the point of taking the photo. But looking at the result on the screen, I am not sure. I won't say too much so I won't influence your comments. Does it work for you?

reflectedarc.jpg

background over exposed.. and the Arc D'Triomphe is too small to notice at first glance.. or you can even missed it..
I bet you had a good time in Paris..

are you trying to capture the reflection of that arch in the reflection?...cuz that really grabs me....

Status
Not open for further replies.