Does this make a good IR filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzr500abe

Mar 19, 2005
Hi ,

Last night, while arranging my dry box, i discovered that i actually bought a red filter(hoya RED(25A) )..opened but unused. I read the instruction behind the filter box, it says :

/quote
For black and white photography. Dramatically increases contrast, especially for dramatic cloud effects in landscapes. Also used for infrared photography.
/unquote

This lead me to a few questions :
1) How is this filter compared to the recommended filter R72 ?
2) Any1 has any experience with this filter before

cheers

Actually, none of us use this filter....Why dun you try it? Just follow the instruction in the stickies here.

I think its a lighter filter compare to R72...So the effect shouldn't be too dramatic...but still worth a try since you already have it...

ok..i try try when free... maybe then i post some test shots for you all to evaluate

cheers

yzr500abe said:
ok..i try try when free... maybe then i post some test shots for you all to evaluate

cheers

Dun say that...No experts here lah...All only enthusiasts.:sweat: Love to see the result:thumbsup:

As long as better than me can liao....i know u all cfm better than me 1:thumbsup:

'cos i haven't even taken a single IR photo :D

Hi yzr500abe,
if i'm not mistaken, the hoya RED(25A) filter is used when shooting with IR films.
But no harm trying ;)

ark19 said:
Hi yzr500abe,
if i'm not mistaken, the hoya RED(25A) filter is used when shooting with IR films.
But no harm trying ;)

Yup, I believe it is for film IR

ark19 said:
Hi yzr500abe,
But no harm trying ;)
yes, the red filter is for IR films. most noticely is with the HIE film.

with digital, all u see is red color, no IR effect that time when i try

Thanks everyone for your time and attention. Now I've been enlightened:D

Status
Not open for further replies.