"Do you know the world?" --Competition--

The Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region?

The Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region?

Close, Xinjiang province is correct: now narrow down the region.
Hint: The grassland shown is the 2nd largest in China.

若尔盖大草原???

Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Bayanbulak Grassland(库尔勒巴音布鲁克草原)?

Last edited:
SORRIE SORRIE :embrass: WRONG HINT... PLS IGNORE!!

The capitol of the A/R is famous of being one of the TOP-10 medium/small city for living in China;
well known as "塞外江南".

The grassland within the A/R are hilly, more like western high country;
Little Cattle.jpg

and is the hometown of the HEAVENLY-HORSES for centuries.
Galloping Horses.jpg

那拉提大草原?

Grassland name is correct, now just need to tell me which Autonomous Region the photos are taken in.

那拉提大草原?

伊犁哈萨克自治州? Haha, I have to admit I've never heard of this place before :)

伊犁哈萨克自治州 it is.
Capitol 伊宁 is an ideal place to stay among the Northwest China.

哈萨克 people are born riders; at their teenage, they are already expert in riding (as shown in the horse-racing photo by the bank of 伊宁河).
Living with the nomads at the beautifully hilly grassland has proven to be an excellent experience.
Nomads.jpg

The grassland is full of wild flowers during summer, JULY; it is the best time to visit.
伊犁哈萨克自治州? Haha, I have to admit I've never heard of this place before :)

Sorry bro, for misleading you unintentionally.
I did pass by 库尔勒巴音布鲁克草原 on my way to 那拉提; but our driver doesn't allow us to stop midway. Its a lot flatter, just the kind of land Mongolian like.
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Bayanbulak Grassland(库尔勒巴音布鲁克草原)?

Sorry bro, 若尔盖大草原 is in Northern Sichuan; and is more of a wetland than grassland.
若尔盖大草原???

Haha, I always come back to this thread, because there are so many beautiful places off the beaten track that I would love to visit some day. Must dig more into this 那拉提大草原, thanks :)

Anyway, here's my turn:

&

Not that difficult, but it would be good if you can state the name of the park that this is in. This is one of the iconic view of the park, with the tower, the mountain behind (blocked by clouds), and the hill on the right.

丽江黑龙潭公园

I can't see the special characters that you input, although I can see other pages with other native text perfectly.

I am not sure what they call it right now. Its either the Black Dragon Pool Park or Jade Spring Park in Lijiang

I am not sure what they call it right now. Its either the Black Dragon Pool Park or Jade Spring Park in Lijiang

You got it, it's the Black Dragon Pool Park (黑龍潭公園)

Its actually the chinese characters of BDPP/JSP but somehow it does not appear compatible to all readers.
Coldsecret got the english translation right; so should b his turn :) right bro gwunwai?!

Sure, LAZyNPL, that was gracious of you. coldsecret, over to you.

Hee, nothing to b gracious about.
This is a thread to share, not a game to win.
:smile:

Its actually the chinese characters of BDPP/JSP but somehow it does not appear compatible to all readers.code
Coldsecret got the english translation right; so should b his turn :) right bro gwunwai?!

On IE9 it does not display properly, but chose View/Encoding/Unicode (UTF-8) it comes out fine.

Here is mine. You do not need to pin point to the exact location but the name of the place/area will do :)

6593848189_78728e08d2_z.jpg