"Do you know the world?" --Competition--

Is it the ancient city of Persepolis?

Zhelong was the first one to mention the correct answer. Thank you for your efforts.

The place is Persepolis, the capital of the Achaemenid Empire (ca. 550-330 BCE). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persepolis

This gate is the "gate of all nations". The palace belongs to Cyrus the Great.

Zhelong, it's your turn.

Last edited:
Alright. Next mission is to guess a famous mountain in Asia. Hope this is easy :)

Mountain1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi koplady11,
Nope, it's not Huangshan. Quite close though :)

yes, spot on. It is Huashan near Xi'an. Huashan has lot of amazing steep stairs like the one in the picture :)

Your turn.

Is it Huashan then? :)

It was a nice perpective to take from the side angle to show how steep the steps were.

Will upload later at night since my picture's not with me now. :p

Okay this place might not have been visited by many tourists from Asia. I'm the one in the picture btw.

6147221866_5cc78f0503_z.jpg

Clue: It is located in a country with a divided ruling.

Okay this place might not have been visited by many tourists from Asia. I'm the one in the picture btw.

6147221866_5cc78f0503_z.jpg

Clue: It is located in a country with a divided ruling.

It is the Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque
before St. Nicholas Cathedral
in Famagusta :)

It is the Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque
before St. Nicholas Cathedral
in Famagusta :)

Nice!!! Was it that simple?? Lol!!

Have you been there? I love Famagusta, I think it is such a pity that the tourist infrastructure is not as developed coz the architecture of the city is just beautiful.

Ur turn now!

Last edited:
Nice!!! Was it that simple?? Lol!!

Have you been there? I love Famagusta, I think it is such a pity that the tourist infrastructure is not as developed coz the architecture of the city is just beautiful.

Ur turn now!

It was purely coincidental :)
I was in (north) Cyprus 2006.

Wild guess. Is it Sao Paulo, brazil?

I didn't know Avenida Paulista. My gut feeling tell me that this is a south american city and I knew Sao Paulo is a metropolitan city with crowded building similar to the picture. So I made a wild guess. ;)

I didn't know Avenida Paulista. My gut feeling tell me that this is a south american city and I knew Sao Paulo is a metropolitan city with crowded building similar to the picture. So I made a wild guess. ;)

I actually googled Fiesp Ceisp. But I was too late. :bsmilie:

Here is the next destination. Name the famous lake in this picture.

Lake13.jpg

lol, don't think Loch Ness is such crystal clear.
Yes, somewhere in Asia. It may not be famous to a lot of people due to it's remote location. But definitely a famous place for those who know or visited that region.
Some hint: the local people on the boat has very unique culture.

I hope it is not too difficult :) Else I can provide more hints and pictures.

...the three persons waiting for "Nessie" :)

I think the lake is somewhere in Asia?!

Last edited: